“Great Food”

Turtle Bay Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Akumal
Price range: USD 1 - USD 10
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 2 April 2012

A nice location, but away from the beach. Great breakfasts, lunches and dinners, reasonable prices.

1  Thank JGSK

Reviewed 2 April 2012

My husband and I had dinner at the Turtle Bay Bakery and Cafe last week. We have dined here many times over the years for breakfast, lunch and dinner. While the menu has changed over the years, the restaurant has always served high quality food. Last week we were more than disappointed. My husband ordered the parmesan crusted snapper - it was over cooked and had a greasy taste. The potatoes and other vegetables served with our dinner were good. I had the salmon with chipotle butter. The salmon was over cooked in spots and there was no taste of chipotle or butter. My husband and I agreed that it was not a good meal and we were very disappointed in our food and the service. I hope the chef and the manager take notice and make some improvements. We want to see this restaurant succeed.

2  Thank Bnosnews
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Turtle Bay Bakery isn't just a bakery much to my surprise. My wife insisted on having breakfast there one morning, and I honestly wasn't expecting what we found. The entire restaurant is open-air but covered for protection from the sun. There is a surprisingly diverse and comprehensive menu with service for all meals as well as daily specials. We were there for breakfast, and I was delighted by the perfectly cooked, poached eggs on the Eggs Benedict and the fresh, vine-ripened tomatoes. Scrambled eggs were likewise perfectly cooked, but that isn't to imply that eggs were all that was available. Vegetarian and "healthy" dishes are to be found throughout the menu, and not just for show. As much attention to quality is paid to the alternative choices as to the main dishes (my mother-in-law chose to try a "Healthy Benedict" and was quite happy with it). Smoking is permitted in the dining areas (much to my chagrin), and local dogs and cats regularly come through looking for hand-outs, but that is true of all the restaurants in the Akumal area. Over all it was a very positive experience!

2  Thank Zircon73
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Best breakfast around. Lunches and dinner are getting more and more expansive. However, this is a very neat spot to relax protected from the burning sun. No view to the neaby sea, but so what. There is more to see right ?

1  Thank Pedro_El_Feliz
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I loved that they had huge portions as after all the swimming and walking we did, we needed some more calories! We are vegetarians and the food was healthy, colorful and satisfying! WE also liked the atmosphere and decorations. We want to come back! The only minus was that some smokers sat close by and ruined the meal slightly. Smoking there should not be allowed!

1  Thank Rasasthali