I first came to this very special place to have a quiet personal retreat. I was so enchanted that I have returned three consecutive years, bringing my college daughter along. This is the place to go if you want beautiful nature and relaxation. The building is new and meticulously clean. Accommodations are very simple, yet comfortable, with granite and tile in the kitchenette and shower. I buy food at a grocery store, which I can keep in the fridge in my room, to use throughout the week, and then drive as little as 15 minutes to various local restaurants once a day. A charming, artsy town is only 30 minutes away and makes a nice day trip. Most of my time, however, is spent on site. You can gaze at the ocean from your own balcony, or sit in chairs above the beach, or simply step outside the gate and walk barefoot in the sand. Sergio is a kind and generous host who is always very helpful. I hope to enjoy time here again and again.
If you prefer culture and adventure over shopping & strip malls ~ stay here. If you prefer real life over Disneyland ~ stay here. If you prefer new experiences and wonderful locals over cookie-cutter hotel rooms & more of the same ~ stay here. The pictures are real and the hosts are amazing. American travelers have a tendency to herd with their own. Stay home & go to the mall for that. Live life here Sergio & his family. Drop mic.
You must book this place. The location is stunning. Sergio, the owner is right: the beach, which is a few steps away from the property, is the best beach in miles. There were times when my friend and I thought we were at a private beach. It is simply stunning. What made it even more enjoyable was the terrace that overlooks the beach. The terrace has a pool, a tub, and a sandy area that overlooks the beach. Perfect. This is luxury on a budget.
The studio itself was great. We stayed in a lovely one-bedroom, with a kitchenette (comes with a few kitchen supplies) and a balcony overlooking the terrace/beach. It was absolutely wonderful to hear the waves and to look out toward the ocean whenever we'd like.
Skip the crowded beaches at Sayulita, Puerta Vallarta, and even in Punta de Mita. Come to this place.
A few notes:
- Definitely rent a car for this place. You can easily drive to Sayulita, Bucerias, and Punta de Mita for day trips.
- Even though some reviews said it was hard to find, we didn't have a problem. Google maps was pretty solid in ID'ing it. Just drop a pin and you'll be able to figure it out.
- It really is a dirt road to get to this property. Don't be scared; just keep going and drive slowly, esp. when going over the divots.
- Bring shampoo and soap. It's not provided. Also, if you have beach towels bring them. Otherwise, the property will provide beach mats for you.
- Be sure to stop by a grocery (there are some good ones in Punta de Mita) and stock up for breakfasts and lunches. No need to cook dinner since you could easily drive to the closet towns for them. FYI - no coffeemaker (so buy instant!) nor salt/pepper. Otherwise, we had everything else to make some great meals.
- Sergio's son also does kayaking/snorkeling trips. It was super fun! You should ask in advance what type of excursions you can do with them.
You won't be disappointed. You should book here.
The location is beyond perfect--the rooms open onto a beautiful beach that even in high season wasn't crowded. The studios are well thought out and have everything you need for a comfortable stay. Sergio and his family are very warm and have great recommendations for places to eat and things to do in the area. Can't recommend this place enough!
I stayed in the larger studio mar. It has a outrageous view. The sound of waves crashing is
mesmerizing. The furniture and finishes are above average. The kitchen is ok but could use a coffee maker and toaster. There is a tv in a separate room. You have to go downstairs to get marginal wi fi service. It is difficult to find, when you turn right at Salulita sign, go 1/2 mile to second break in island,. There is a rough dirt road on left. Go mile to the second to last house. If you want to place that is private and out of the way then stay here. You will need to a car. The owner who lives downstairs and is very helpful.