“Best fish tacos known to man! ”

Restaurant La Cabana
Ranked #13 of 65 Restaurants in Punta de Mita
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We were jonesing for crunchy fried fish tacos and were directed to this funky beachside restaurant right on restaurant row. And truly La Cabana delivered. The fish was lightly fried and crispy, the tortilla fragrant and fresh, and the sauces heavenly. Our host was gracious and speedy, and our mojitos were delish. What a nice evening for six of us!

1  Thank Litl_Jack

Reviewed 5 February 2018

My wife and I were in Punta de Mita to pick up some groceries and decided to have lunch while we were in town. We were walking along Avenue El Anclote and happened upon this restaurant. It looked interesting, so my wife and I decide to eat here. When we were seated and noted that there were some local people eating here as well, we knew we had picked a good restaurant. We were served the traditional taco chips and guacamole dip which we waited for our burritos. The dip was very enjoyable. When ordering the burritos I thought I was ordering some extra re-fried beans, but actually ordered a re-fried bean burrito, so I ended up with two burritos, much to my pleasure. My wife and I both had chicken (pollo) burritos and then I had the re-fried bean burrito, or as much of it as I could eat. Both were great. The staff were curious and friendly and the restaurant is situated right on the beach, with a nice view. We will definitely be coming back here on our next trip to the area.

3  Thank BobD2011
Reviewed 27 January 2018

We had walked by this restaurant many times and have never tried it.. Our friends invited us to go along with them as they had enjoyed breakfasts and other dinners there. It was great, I had the shrimp cocktail which was a meal in its self. Very one of us loved our dinners. Will be back. Staff were great, wonderful view and delicious food. What more can you want.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

We haven’t stopped in here for a couple of years but stopped by last night for drinks and stayed for dinner. The drinks are very well priced compared to other beachfront places on the strip and the food is very reasonable. They added an upper level over the past year so you are up from the beach overhanging the crashing surf.....really nice. The live music from next door was a great bonus too!
Staff was friendly, the dinner was very good and we will be back. Nothing negative but if you need the fancier vibe of some of the neighbouring places, this is a bit more casual.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

post boat trip lunch & margaritas, Fish tacos-phenomenal. Service was great & friendly. There probably isn't a bad seat in the house, but we sat upstairs & the views were AMAZING. Casual, delicious, inexpensive, great service & killer views, no need to say more. Enjoy!!