“Best food and experience across two trips”
Review of The Blue Shrimp

The Blue Shrimp
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We visited Punta Mita twice this year, each for a full week, in March during Spring Break and again in August. We were also here in 2015.

In March we went to the Blue Shrimp for the first time on our first night as a party of 7, and despite it being packed to overflow, we had a superb meal and experience. It was the best meal of our trip! I absolutely loved my fish.

My family of 4 just returned on our most recent trip, this time to a low season near empty restaurant. If we hadn't been there before, I may have paused, given so few people. But I had high hopes given my first great experience, and they managed to knock the ball out of the house again!

Another fantastic meal--my sea bass prepared perfectly, my kid's coconut shrimp a hit, wonderful table side guacamole, my husband happy, a great breeze right off the water, attentive wait staff, etc.

I'm a bit surprised that a few other restaurants rank higher on TA. My husband and I have literally tried most of the restaurants in the area, including all the restaurants at the St. Regis and the Four Seasons, as well as the other three main tourist friendly restaurants in the Pueblo itself. Given how few there are, and how frequently we've visited over the past few years, we've tried many of them twice, including Aramara, Bahia, Si Senor, and Tuna Blanca.

While each restaurant has something to recommend, in most cases my fish was never as delicate or as perfectly cooked as it was at the Blue Shrimp. In some cases I was downright disappointed. . It goes without saying that the Blue Shrimp is a better value than the hotel restaurants, but that isn't the reason we plan to go back. We simply loved our meals and experience.

Definitely add this to your restaurant list if you are coming to the area. I can't recommend enough.

Demita-RG-Punta-Mita, General Manager at The Blue Shrimp, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you for visiting The Blue Shrimp Punta Mita ! We appreciate your kind words. We hope to see you again soon !

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Fantastic location and value, the octopus and the red snapper were amazingly good. They are not kidding when they say everything is fresh daily from the Pacific, you can really taste the difference. We also went to the sister restaurant Si Senor, both have their good points. But if you only have one choice, would come to Blue Shrimp.

Demita-RG-Punta-Mita, Director General at The Blue Shrimp, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We went here for our last dinner in Punta de Mita. We had the most amazing waiter by the name of Armando and he took such good care of us. The restaurant itself is beautiful with a thatched roof, Oceanfront View, and gorgeous wicker lights. The menu is quite extensive and I have to say I had the most amazing clam chowder I've ever had. My daughter had the ribs which were amazing, I had the shrimp which was excellent, and my wife had a burger which she said was very good. We all really enjoyed our meal and had some key lime pie for dessert which was excellent. Our whole experience was great and this may be my favorite place we ate while in Punta de Mita for holidays.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

You must try the octopus appetizer, snapper and a Victoria beer! Nice view of the sea and the wait wasn't long.

Demita-RG-Punta-Mita, Director General at The Blue Shrimp, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Our family ate hear to get a change of scenery while vacationing at the Four Seasons Punta Mita. This is one of the restaurants that is VERY kid friendly and it is right on the ocean. They have a children's menu that is very Americanized (chicken fingers, pasta, etc.) for kids that are picky eaters. The fish is outstanding and has service to match.