5,364 results
All reviews grand palladium sports bar adult pool ribs a la carte restaurants main pool the mexican restaurant mini zoo hemingway bar mobility issues salt water pool boogie boarding main buffet kids club city tour bbq on the beach ocean pool
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Spent a relaxing week at the Palladium. Special shout out to bartender Samir Garcia in the Bahia Bar (which used to be, I believe, the lobby of the upgraded ''royal'' suites). Samir is super friendly and very knowledgeable. He expertly makes an impressive number of special cocktails, including some quite elaborate ones with mezcal and real smoke. Also makes a mean, extra dry martini, which is a welcome respite in this land of fruity concoctions. The bar is a bit bright, but give it a chance. It's a great place to unwind, have some really goods drinks, chat, play cards. We loved it.

Room Tip: get an ocean view room. sunset side preferably
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CwithJ
Melisa R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Dear CwithJ
We would like to thank you for your comment and your kind words towards our hotel Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa. We are so glad to know that we were able to give you the vacations that you were looking for.

Our main goal is to make our guests comfortable and satisfied with our services and installations. It is a pleasure for us to know that we made this possible.

We hope that you can consider coming back to enjoy once more of an amazing service and attention.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

The resort itself is well maintained, clean and you don’t get that feeling of ‘old’ like some other resorts. Their beach is absolutely beautiful and all of the equipments are free. Pools are not that big but you do not really need to use it because the ocean is your playground. I went right after Christmas and I did not think the place was too crowded or loud.

Buffet is really good. The mexican restaurant is delicious. Nest and bamboo were not that good. Dinner reservation system is pretty annoying. We gave up and just walked in before 7 or after 9. You can always go to buffet first if you are hungry.

Drinks by the beaches were ok. Check out the bar near the residences. Samir can make you excellent drinks with local flowers and liquors. Amazing fire show!

This hotel is one hour away from the airport and main town. Its similar set up as Cabos. If you get far away from the downtown, you will be able to relax but won’t get to experience the old town.

We did a one day tour of the downtown and that was enough for us. Malercon reminded me of Copacaba boardwalk in Rio.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear startupdiva
We would like to thank you for your comment and for sharing your opinion about our hotel Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa. We are so glad to know that you had an amazing time and you enjoyed your stay. All of your suggestions are really important to us since they help us see where we need to improve our services and installations. We will gladly tell our supervisors about them.

Our main goal is to make our guests comfortable and satisfied with our services and installations. It is a pleasure for us to know that we were able to give you the vacations that you were looking for.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

This was my first trip to Grand Palladium Vallarta and my 7th trip to the Puerto Vallarta region.

Pros:

The best a la Carte restaurants of any of the 20+ resorts I’ve stayed at over the last 30 years. Palladium has an app and I strongly suggest downloading it. You can make your dinner reservations thru the “chat” feature a day in advance. I did this every morning from the comfort of my bed! A big shout out to Rosa who was very helpful answering questions on the chat. Pro tip: the Guacamole at Viva Mexico is made table side by a lovely young lady, Veronica, and it is AMAZING!

The property is well-maintained, very clean and the hallways are quiet.

The nightly entertainment was the best of any resort.

The staff is amazing, excellent English spoken throughout the resort, everyone is very helpful and kind. Everyone in the restaurants hustles and is busy and pleasantly serving guests.

There is wi-if everywhere, including in the guest suites.

Cons:

I have two material complaints about the main buffet restaurant. First, it appears to be understaffed - there were empty serving dishes at the buffet, no one manning “service” stations, difficult to get coffee at breakfast.... one night we waited (a party of 2) for 15 minutes to be SEATED. Second, 1/2 the items weren’t labeled so you didn’t know what it was. I am vegetarian and NOTHING at the buffet was labeled vegetarian, and it would be so easy to do... many vegetable items had random pieces of “meat” thrown in (hot dogs, bacon) what would otherwise have been a vegetarian option. The a la carte restaurants clearly had vegetarian options marked.

I love the ocean and I love to boogey board. Riviera Nayarit has the best beach I have every been on. The beach at Grand Palladium Vallarta, however, is about 300 meters long so you cannot “walk the beach”, although the sand is beautiful. Once you are in to the water, tho, you are confronted with all kinds of rocks. You cannot run in to the surf here and you have to be very choosy about where you boogey board. This is the only reason I won’t be going back to the Grand Palladium Vallarta.

Other notes:

The bathrooms in the guest suites are small. The shower/tub, toilet and sink are all in the same room which is too tight for two people, especially if you aren’t a “couple”. There were plenty of hangers in the closet, but there is no dresser, just two shelves in the closet for non-hanging items as well as the drawer in the nightstand.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shawna M

We would like to thank you for your comment and for sharing your opinion about our hotel Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa. All of our comments are really important to us since they help us see where we need to improve our services and installations.

We are so sorry that your stay wasn't what you were expecting. We want to make sure that our guests feel comfortable and satisfied with our services and installations. We will talk with our supervisors about all the points that you mentioned in your comment.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

The Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa is situated in a lush jungle location on the beach. It took us approximately 30 min.by cab. We really liked this place even though there were way more children then we expected and the pool got small quick when people were tossing balls etc... the water was lovely and warm, but just cool enough to feel refreshed. They’re plenty of activities around and in the pool and the music was good as well. The activity staff are fantastic! Their enthusiasm to get you involved is infectious. From pool aerobics, cooking lessons, Spanish lessons, water polo, etc.. you can never be bored. They have an adult only pool but unfortunately for me it was high up and the stairs were just too much. We did make it up once and it is breathtaking being in the pool watching the sunset. Wow! They also have a Secret bar up there as well. We saw 2 very beautiful weddings. One on the beach and the other in the little chapel on the property. The staff at the resort do a beautiful job. There are stairs everywhere but they also have some ramps as well so be prepared. The resort is well laid out the Buffet is great as well as the a la cartes. Our room had an ocean view with a small balcony, king bed, satellite tv, air, safe, fridge, large bathroom with shower and lovely amenities. The room was a good size and our maid Rosa was absolutely meticulous. Rosa obviously took pride in her work as it totally shone through. To be honest all of the employees worked so hard to make your holiday great. Embren, I hope and pray I spelt it correctly was an incredible waiter. He remembered what you wanted, liked and saw to it that you got it. He was constantly in motion with a smile on his face. I am by no means a drinker, 1 or 2 is more than enough for me, so I’ll have a margarita. I swear Antonio is the best Margarita maker ever. Antonio has a secret ingredient which makes his the best I have ever had. When you go you have to have Antonio make you his special margaritas, no one else makes them this way and you will never be disappointed! I almost forgot about Magily and the most relaxing massage I have ever had. I came out a totally different person, so relaxed. The girl has magic hands I swear. There are probably lots I’m forgetting but the Grand Palladium Resort & Spa is a pretty great place to go for a vacation.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wendyf589

We would like to thank you for your comment and for sharing your opinion about our hotel Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa. We are so glad to know that we were able to give you the vacations that you were looking for.

Our main goal is to make our guests comfortable and satisfied with our services and installations. It is a pleasure for us to know that our staff members were able to give you the vacations that you were looking for. We will gladly tell them about your comment to inform them about the amazing job they did during your stay.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Huge thanks to the staff at the adult infinity pool, Carlos, Israel, Matias, Armando, Angelica and Esmeralda they made our holiday amazing - loved them all. I can honestly say I have never had poolside service as good as this team they are absolutely A1!
Rooms were comfortable but the balcony was so small it only had one chair, this could be improved but only affects balconies on the top floor.
Mexican restaurant was very good, Oriental was fabulous. The main buffet restaurant was ok, the cakes were beautiful but the menu did not change at all, no specials or themed areas so it did get a bit boring.
Spa was awesome, I booked a deal and had several massages, absolute heaven.
Beach area wasn’t great, lots of the loungers were broken and it was hard to get shade unless you’re someone who goes down early and puts towels out to reserve places!!
There was some building work going on which we weren’t prewarned about and it did mean toilets were out of use at the entertainment area, not great!
However, because of the staff at the relax bar and adult pool, we had a really wonderful time there.
It’s also worth noting this hotel is not near any towns or shops so if you like getting out and about, I wouldn’t suggest staying here.

Room Tip: Top floor has very small balconies
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple