“Very good simple meal”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2016

We come to Punta Mita frequently for vacation. We have eaten at most of the restaurants along the beach area. 6 years ago a local recommended the Original Anclote, and we have never been disappointed. The other night we ate there again. It was very good food with wonderful service. Grilled fish was fresh and well presented. The fajitas were wonderful, and the beers cold.Importantly, they don't try to do do more than necessary to present a good meal at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

Really good service. Fellow at the street entrance, friendly seated us. The waiter told use the specials explained the food we were wanting and checked all the time to make sure all was good. We just had the nachos with beef very good and a bucket of beer. 310 pesos.middle of the road for prices. Great view to watch the surfers. Would go again as all the food being served looked good. Gave us a card so next visit 10 percent off. Got us a cab when we went to leave. Not restaurant fault but Beware More expensive going back to hotel than getting there.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

I used to really like this place, but after today, I'm not so sure. When I got my check, 15% propina(tip) was added in. The average tourist is probably not aware that it is illegal to add tip into a restaurant check. I did tell the waiter that I was aware of the law and that the regulatory agency wouldn't be happy to hear about the practice. Anyway, I still left 10% because I figured it wasn't his fault. Normally I would tip 15% in Mexico for good service. I had seabass with cilantro sauce and it was excellent. Service was good. Food and service in the past have been pretty good. Use your judgement as to whether to go or not, but be aware of the laws. I'm sure the checks for the locals had no propina on them.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

We stumbled across this place when we were visiting the beach. The food portions were very generous and the staff were friendly and helpful, even giving us advice about catching the bus back to PV.

I would give 5/5 but we were hassled by local sellers quite a lot. There is nothing they can do about the ones that come in front of the restaurant, so that is fair enough, but some of them were actually coming into the restaurant when we were eating which is what we found annoying. At one point we were getting asked if we wanted to buy something every couple of minutes and it was the same sellers going up and down that kept asking us.

I would go again, and definitely recommend it, it's just a shame about the sellers coming in to the restaurant.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

Unpretentious casual beach restaurant . The food & drinks are great .Good , fresh Mexican style seafood . Personally I love the steamed mussels with ajillo chili and a glass of Sauvignon blanc .