“Food and view superb. One of my best dinning experiences anywhere in world”
Review of Los Xitomates

Los Xitomates
Ranked #28 of 62 Restaurants in Punta de Mita
Reviewed 28 May 2017

Ate at Xitomatoes as a group of 8 on April 2, 2017. Cocktails fabulous, poolside view fabulous, food fabulous. I am always cautious about ordering beef outside of the USA, but the special steak I had here was unbelievably excellent. Best steak ever!!!. The rest of the group also had similar high praise for everything else on the menu. This restaurant should be Michelin rated and is one of the best in the world. I will return to Punta Mita just to eat here again. Can't wait

Reviewed 20 May 2017

We heard a lot of good things about this place so we decided to give it a try. The location is beautiful and unique in that one can wander around the grounds of what was a private home between courses or after dinner. The service was top drawer, very professional, no question. The menu is brief but I'm sure everyone would find something to their liking. The appie items (salted deep fried yams and bananas) served with an array of fresh salsas were out of this world delicious! The bread was excellent and good bread is very important to me. Salads (lagoverde for my wife, mixed greens for me) were imaginative and yummy. Our disappointment was with the mains. My chicken was really tough. My wife described her fish as 'not memorable'. I can understand that sometimes things don't go right but given the Xitomates price point not really acceptable. So this is a tough call... based on our mains I'd say 3, based on everything else I'd say 5.

luisgX3269RQ, Propietario at Los Xitomates, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

We regret that your experience was not as good as expected by you. Yes, sometimes, spe in the kitchen, things dont flow as smooth as they should, this is not an excuse, however, we would like to improve your experience with us, and make it up for this, kindly give us the honor of welcoming you again. Do you think we deserve a second chance?

Best Regards

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

If you ever find yourself on highway 200 from Puerto Vallarta going to Punta de Mita, be sure to try Xitomates for Dinner. This restaurant has a great view, fresh seafood, music and a wonderful waiter named Tonyx. We had a two hour, leisurely dinner in this beautiful restaurant.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

We had a great dinner out at this new restaurant. The owner and chef took time to come talk to us personally for quite some time. Our waiter was also very attentive and knowledgeable. And a nice serenade to top off the great service. The steak was fantastic as was the wine and Mezcal. Not cheap, but still a great deal considering what you would pay for this elsewhere. The location up on a hill overlooks the ocean. They are working on expanding to also add a hotel, which looks like it will be a great place to stay.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

In the last several weeks my husband and I have had two really memorable dinners at this gem of a restaurant. The first visit was with two other couples and the second was with our two daughters. On both occasions everyone raved about their particular meal. The food is thoughtfully prepared, organic, local and very fresh. Chef Finch artfully blends the best of his Caribbean and Mexican culinary experiences in every dish. I would normally go for the fish in this region but the beef is out of this world delicious and not to be missed!

The setting is beyond charming: a lovely hacienda style villa, dinner is served on the terrace with views of Banderas Bay. You feel very much like you are a guest in someone's home. The ambience is tranquil and the romantic feel is accentuated with the occasional appearances by the very talented Napoleon playing his spanish guitar. From the moment we pulled off the road onto the cobblestone drive flanked by vibrant hued bougainvillea we knew that we were in for a very special treat. This is not casual beach side dinning but nor is it fussy and pretentious...If you want to enjoy a truly remarkable and authentic Mexican dining experience I recommend you search out Lox Xitomates. It is a short car ride from Bucerias La Cruz, Punta Mita, Litibu and Sayulita.