My husband and I had a wonderful week-long stay at The St. Regis. We chose this resort because of it's smaller size compared to the Four Seasons next door. The grounds are lush and beautiful. We really liked how our casita had it's own entrance and it was beautiful and very clean, with the beds being especially comfortable. All of the rooms are close in proximity to one of the two pools as well as the beach which made it very convenient. There didn't seem to be many guest staying there, as there were no more than 2-3 other couples besides my husband and me at the adult pool during our entire stay. The family pool was very quiet too. And it was the same at the restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner on most days. This made for a very quiet and relaxing vacation which my husband and I prefer.
Service: Overall the service was outstanding. The butlers were very attentive, courteous and accommodating. Our every request was met within 5 minutes or less. We had an issue with the volume not working on our television and they had it fixed in a timely manner. Our butler came back to make sure it was working immediately after it was fixed and also followed up the next day to make sure it was still working correctly.
The restaurant staff was excellent with the exception of our first day at breakfast. For whatever reason the service was extremely slow.
The service at the pool, however, was not up to par. We were always greeted with bottled water when we arrived, but after that we had to go searching for the "pool butlers" for anything else.
Restaurants: We really enjoyed all of our meals at the SR. Both Carolina and Sea Breezes had outstanding food for dinner. Beautiful presentations and the taste to match. I recommend the shrimp tacos for lunch. We also went to the Four Seasons restaurants for dinner and thought their food was just as good, so it was nice to have quite a few restaurant choices between the two resorts.
The pool was clean and the lounge chairs were cushy and comfortable, what you would expect from a luxury resort. If you like going in the ocean you will need some type of water shoes as it's very rocky/pebbly. I didn't see anyone in the water on any day. But I did enjoy the beach, as it provided a constant breeze while soaking up some sun or reading a book under an umbrella.
My husband really liked the golf course, which is shared with the Four Seasons. He mentioned it didn't get a lot of play.
I read some of the other reviews that didn't speak very highly of the Four Seasons. But, really, from what we could see and from what we experienced there, the two resorts seemed very similar. We walked around the property and had dinner at the restaurants. The main differences are that the Four Seasons is larger and busier. But service and decor were very similar. The pool lounge chairs at the SR are much nicer, more high-end. If we had chosen to stay at the Four Seasons I think we would have had an excellent experience. But I'm glad we chose SR because it was smaller and quieter. We loved the casual, sophisticated feel. I highly recommend it and my husband and I plan to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst one of the world's most alluring beaches at the Riviera Nayarit, in a a 1500-acre resort and residential community, The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort is an exquisite luxury resort in Punta de Mita, Mexico. Our property features 120 accommodations, thoughtful amenities, and spectacular grounds. We offer an experience that transcends ordinary travel, immersing guests in unsurpassed luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Punta Mita Hotel Punta De Mita
- St Regis Punta De Mita
- St Regis Punta Mita Hotel