We traveled to Punta de Mita in May 2011 via rental car. We rented a car from our hotel in Nuevo Vallarta and drove to Punta de Mita (also called Punta Mita). It was about a 30 minute drive. We had planned to have lunch and take a snorkel trip from the St. Regis hotel. The hotel entrance is hard to find, but we asked around and that lead us to the gates which guard the Four Seasons, St. Regis, and other hotels. The snorkel trip to the La Marietas Islands was booked that day (from St. Regis), so we drove into the little town of Punta Mita, which is a few blocks from where the main highway ends. There are restaurants and small shops along the water and it is a nice place to relax and hang out. We were approached by a gentleman who offered to take us by a panga boat to the Islands to snorkel. There is a small marina next to a hotel that is on the same row of restaurants/shops. The marina is not easy to see. Ask around and you will be directed to an area with many boats. Our guy (his name was Rudy) was of German descent and he had a Mexican captain that drove the boat. They took two of us on a 2.5 hour trip to the Islands (about a 20 min boat ride) for $75USD. We were the only ones on the boat and Rudy told us it was our trip and we could tell them where/what we wanted to do. We had shade on the panga, and he gave us some history and detail about the island and the blue footed booby birds. The snorkeling was not very good due to poor visibility that day, but the tour of the islands and the swimming was very nice. There are over 20,000 birds that hang out on the 3 islands and people are not allowed on the islands. (Not that you would want to because they are covered with bird droppings). The smell is a bit strong if you ride close to the edge of the islands. Overall, we enjoyed the trip and the hospitality that Rudy and his captain gave us. Very friendly people in the area and plenty of free parking along the row of shops/restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst one of the world's most alluring beaches at the Riviera Nayarit, in a a 1500-acre resort and residential community, The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort is an exquisite luxury resort in Punta de Mita, Mexico. Our property features 120 accommodations, thoughtful amenities, and spectacular grounds. We offer an experience that transcends ordinary travel, immersing guests in unsurpassed luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Punta Mita Hotel Punta De Mita
- St Regis Punta De Mita
- St Regis Punta Mita Hotel