USD 68
USD 65
  • Pool
Hotel Aries Tlaxcala(Tlaxcala)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
USD 28
USD 47
Posada Tlaxcala(Tlaxcala)
  • Restaurant
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 March 2017

We loved this place. It's located on a quiet, dead-end street, just a few blocks from the Zócolo, in a lovely colonial-era area. The hotel is immaculate, the rooms are huge and charming, everything is extremely clean, and the inner courtyard is lovely. There is also a great roof-top garden with an excellent view of the city. The staff was all great. The hotel parking is a bit of a challenge, though. It's across the street in an internal courtyard only accessible by a VERY tight passageway. We had only a couple of inches clearance beyond the sideview mirrors on our rented Prius. Also, the hotel restaurant was definitely only so-so. We had lunch there when we first arrived, but after that walked into town to eat. By the way, Tlaxcala is wonderful as well, and little visited despite its charm. We could have happily spent much more time there.

Room Tip: We had rooms 2 and 3, which were huge and great, with a window on two sides.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

What a lovely little hotel! Centrally located and reasonably priced. We had a superior king room, with a little balcony overlooking the surprisingly quiet street. Nice staff, five minute stroll to the center. I would happily stay here again

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heloderma
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Loved my short stay in this quaint and peaceful hotel. Hidden, clean, staff super helpful and courteous, and the food was tasty. It's located 2 blocks from the Main Square (zócalo), the streets are safe and clean, and there is a marvelous cafe around the corner where one can work comfortably. I was a bit my first night so I asked for another blanket, and it was quickly supplied. They had an adapter for my computer cord, ironing board, and even printed my boarding pass. Yes, the police school is next door and at 8am they do the Flag's honors, but it's done in 5min., and I was already awake by then. I was not bothered by the noise at all. The hotel has a nice sitting area on the roof with a nice view of the city so I worked there a bit. The only flaw: bad internet connection in my room. 4 wifi passwords and 4 corners in the room didn't help my iPhone connect but my computer didn't have a problem so I worked till the wee hours of the morning. Fix the internet connection, and you'll be perfect!

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 1 April 2016

I booked on booking.com (which no longer seems to be possible) and the only option was a suite. Thinking that the standard rooms were sold out, I went ahead. The suite was just a large, rather bare room, with a table but no armchairs, overpriced in my view. I seemed to be the only person staying at the hotel, so have no idea why the suite was the only option.
Breakfast is not included, but I was given a 10% discount voucher. It was not very good and I didn't finish the coffee. The second morning the restaurant was closed and I had a much better breakfast elsewhere for about the same price.
Staff were pleasant and helpful.
The road works mentioned in an earlier review had moved further down the street when i was there.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Londinense
Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

I was very excited to take my mom (wheelchair), grandaunt and daughter to the hotel based in the great review. Called in and confirmed we were arriving tonight for 2 rooms, worked out the bed details and everything was great. 2 hours later I got a call and the manager began talking about how the public works in front of the hotel would be too complicated for my mom to navigate. It sounded fishy so when I pressed they grudgingly admitted that they had given my room to someone else. Leaving us hanging is bad enough (with my mom in a wheelchair, my 7 year old, the dog). Not having the decency to tell the truth, and not helping find an alternative for us tells you about the integrity of service at this hotel. Truly unbelievable.

Stayed: March 2016