All reviewsgreat poolan amazing placevista hermosahistorical buildinghaciendataxco
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

My wife and I visited the Hacienda for a wedding, it's an amazing place with a lot of character. Their rooms are nice and clean. Their gardens are spectacular. It's located an hour from Taxco and you can also have lunch at Lake Tequesquitengo. I definitely recommend this hotel for a family vacation.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Hacienda Vista Hermosa feels like like what it is ... piece of true history. Hacienda was owned by Conquistador Hernán Cortés! Ask of feasible to see room 326, his room! The Hacienda is surrounded by gardens, pool is great for a real swim with 25 mts length and has a kid low depth area. Food is really good covering several traditional Mexican dishes, flavors and regions. Just 10 min away is the Teques lake if you feel like doing water sports ( ski, kayak, even swim). Bring your sunscreen... love the weather!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2017

I had a fully paid reservation, I made it through Trip Advisor and I confirmed my reservation 2 weeks prior to my trip to avoid any problem. The day we arrived at the hotel we couldn't be there during the afternoon so we have to get there by 9 PM, at the front desk a very rude person tried to identify my reservation, I presented the printed voucher to speed the process but they told me they didn't recognize that company. After some minutes awaiting, another employee came to the front desk with a second list of reservation and they immediately check it and withing seconds they return to me saying "sorry, but we don't have your reservation listed and we do not have any available rooms due to a wedding". I was completely frustrated, tried to call the voucher company without any luck, tried to talk to a manager of the Hotel but of course the manager does not work on Saturday at 9PM. At the end I had to go find a hotel at 9PM, at that area there is almost nothing so it was a long night. For me the hotel had my reservation but they decided to sell the room to one of the guests of the weeding since mine was made through an agency and the room rate is always cheaper.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank and_df
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Love the place, the rooms and the atmosphere! We went there to relax for a few days and everything was great except for a ice cold pool. It's so unfortunate because we will not be coming back because the pool is not heated.
If you don't care about that please do go. It's an amazing place

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2017

The plus:
The grounds are incredible, huge gardens, nice swimming pool, tennis court, horses, game room, etc... The food is really really good. The staff and service was excellent.

The minus:
The rooms don´t have panel doors, just blinds, so it is noisy. The mattress was quite hard. Tons of mosquitoes, make sure you come with insect repellent.

It is a very old complex with a great history, make sure you get the tour of the place including the underground passages.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family