All reviewsmain plazaheavy shuttersold housecomfortable roomsexcellent hotelnoiserafaelmexicolibraryhypebustlingantiques
Reviewed 11 February 2006

We recently rented a car for two days,(60$ day for a A.C.Jetta) taking a break from our stay at Las brisas in Ixtapa, and took the scenic 4 hour drive to Patzcuaro for a one night stay. (too short- 3 days needed) We were booked at Iturbe, located right on the the main square Quiroga, with a lovely glimpse of it from our little balcony. Solid double doors open to a cool corridor and then an inner courtyard, brilliant with color and flowers, one of the most charming scenes anywhere. Our room on the second floor, No.5, was large, elegant, with the nuances of centuries. Patzcuaro nights are very cold but our little heater kept us cozy. Remarkably, it is only one of a few rare times that I have experienced complete silence, as though we were in a deep snowfall up north. It was heavenly. I loved their colorful, second floor library and wished that here had been time to savour it. Their restaurant was warm and charming. Most memorable was the time spent afterwards in the back restaurant where the Three Amigos perform. Only one of them was there singing and playing the guitar, but it was magic and we were goners for this soulful, paaionate music. GO! Feel free to email me.

• Stayed: February 2006
10  Thank ladyelaine
Reviewed 14 January 2006

This is a beautiful hotel in a historic and
beautifully restored building. We had room #1
upstairs and in the back. It was spacious and quiet
with lots of little extras. Not super luxurious, but
comfortable. Large and remodeled bathroom.
Staff was friendly and very helpful.
Breakfast in the downstairs restaurant was great, with lots of choices. Free cocktail hour every evening was a great way to meet other guests.
The little coffee bar, also on ground floor of hotel, with storefront that opens onto the street, makes an addictive cappuchino with rompope.......
Great location. Highly recommended.
Rates seem to fluctuate. We were quoted $100. USD per night on Orbitz, and wound up paying closer to $140. with the addition of
"impuestos" and some days being in holiday peak.

• Stayed: December 2005
6  Thank Aviano
Reviewed 27 July 2005

We spent 2 nights in Mansion Iturbe in July, and enjoyed it very much. It's not a super-luxury place, but it is very nice and the building has an amazing feel to it. The location is ideal - on the main plaza. There is parking in a private lot about two blocks away. Our room opened onto the central courtyard, so it was nice and quiet. Breakfasts were hearty and very tasty.

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank dtk1
Reviewed 1 July 2005

This hotel was a bit of a splurge for us, but it was worth it. The rooms were beautiful, the staff was friendly and helpful. The location is perfect and we had a relaxing stay. I had initially felt the price was high, but with free parking, free cocktails in the afternoon and breakfast included I quickly chancged my mind. I was the most enjoyable placed we stayed on last trip and will certainly stay there again if we are lucky enough to get back to Pátzcuaro.

• Stayed: June 2005
2  Thank Freedom12653
Reviewed 29 March 2005

My husband and I and our adult son spent a night at Mansion Iturbe during Holy Week. The town was packed, but the little patio in the back of Iturbe was a wonderful retreat. Our room, though a little dark because of the dark-viga ceilings and furniture, was quiet and large, with comfortable beds.
My favorite part of Iturbe was the breakfast. The fresh guava juice was fabulous. Then my son asked for a mixture of the guava and fresh strawberry juice, which was perhaps even better. We tried to find the juices again all during our trip but couldn't. The Michoachan breakfast, which included a really good sort of carne adovada and a kind of tamale (called corundi) with green sauce, was also terrific.
Iturbe is a very well-run hotel in a lovely town.

1  Thank CBoulder