“One of my Ajijic favourites”
Review of Tabarka Restaurant

Tabarka Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 168 Restaurants in Ajijic
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Tabarka has a varied menu, but is well known for their seafood and fish. It also has good vegetarian choices. I also found a new favorite wine there and love it with a delicious tapas meal.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

My wife and I enjoyed dinner here last night. We started with a plate of 6 tapas and if we had not ordered entrees at the same time we would have ordered more tapas and called it dinner. Those tapas were outstanding, a riot of tastes. Our plate of six included ceviche on small tostadas, grilled dorado, mango salad, one large grilled shrimp, grilled octopus, and spanish sausage.

We ordered grouper for one entree and monkfish for the other. We loved the grouper, but the monkfish had an off night, based on the previous reviews. Ours was dry and not good. With each entree you get two side orders, and we ordered the green salad x 2, roasted red peppers, and gallega potatoes. Sides were all excellent.

Great place.....loved the atmosphere, service was good, prices are reasonable, and the service was very competent. Will go again.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

This is a great little garden restaurant in central Ajijic. We were greeted by Chef David who explained the menu items and suggested the tapas so we could try many of the menu items. The menu is primarily made up of seafood and each of the small bites we got of the best menu items was superb! We ended the meal with the black ink paella. All in all this was a wonderful last night dinner that was very reasonably priced. Thank you Chef David for a wonderful food experience. We will be back the next time we are in Ajijic!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

We arrived at an off hour (around 3:00) thus we had the place virtually to ourselves. Our waiter was attentive and friendly, was good at explaining different dishes to my partner who does not speak Spanish. The menu had a wide variety of different foods, mostly seafood. My partner and I were only a little hungry so we ordered the 6 tapas. Because of the very nature of tapas some people will like some dishes and some people won't. I have had tapas in Spain and I think these were on a par with them. Good for light eating. The chocolate truffle dessert was excellent. I would like to come back when I'm hungrier and try some of the other main dishes.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Although the restaurant has moved to downtown Ajijic, the setting is still beautiful and open. David, the Chef and owner, is a guy who's really concerned about what he gets to cook, and knows about fish like an encyclopedia. He gets the best available fish from the sea, shallow or deep-water fish which he cooks to perfection or adds it to his many creative dishes. Missing just one of them is missing the opportunity to taste something unique. From his outstanding squid ink-infused paella to the catch of the day, every dish is awe-inspiring. A must visit place when in town! And... if you want to experience more of this chef's craziness you should try their new restaurant: Tacos Frida, just a couple of miles from Tabarka on the main road, right in front of Super Lake.

1  Thank Dieselmex