“First time here!”
Review of Ajijic Tango

Ajijic Tango
Ranked #4 of 168 Restaurants in Ajijic
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We were so impressed by our first dinner at Tango that we plan to eat here at least six more times in the next three weeks !

Write a ReviewReviews (1,038)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We've been to Tango many times now for dinners and lunches and it is a popular restaurant. Aside from weekends, many of the clientele are in their senior years. I mention this because I find the food to be over salted in several items I have had. Salt is good to enhance flavour's but when you only taste salt, that's not the purpose for using it. Not to mention, salt is not good for senior's. Service is generally good but the last time there, one of our guests ordered a glass of red wine but never got it. When mentioned to our waiter, he said it was never ordered. Oh well, it was only lunch anyway. We'll see what happens next time we go back. My friends liked their steaks. Octopus and mushrooms way too salty. Let people add the salt themselves if they wish more.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Liked this restaurant during our first visit several years ago and came back during a recent trip to Ajijic. Once again, our dining experience was outstanding. My wife's T-Bone and my Center Cut Rib Steak were excellent and grilled to perfection. Obviously, a favorite of locals and visitors, Ajijic Tango should not be missed!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I have had dinner and lunch at Tango several times during my stay here in Ajijic. Don’t miss it it’s dependable and friendly the menu has lots of options
And you won’t be sorry

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We brought the family here for an early dinner after a day at the spa. As always, the food was quite good but this is the second visit in a row where the ceiling fans were broken, this time there were three of them broken, and it was so hot that we just lost our appetite and left after appetizers and drinks. It certainly seems like a minor effort to get those fans repaired and having to ask for a little bit of ice to go in our water and then having to ask for more ice to go in our water and to flag down a waiter for another round of Margaritas when it was only half full was disappointing.

We've been there several times when it was busy and I've always been impressed with how on top of things the service was. Perhaps because we got seated in the far back left hand corner for the second time in a row? I guess that's the dead spot at about 4:30. Hopefully the management will be able to get the fans fixed before the deadly hot month of May... Otherwise I recommend a different choice of restaurants.