All reviews walkie talkie room service wine tasting pool area views are spectacular lobby restaurant continental breakfast eco resort main restaurant fantastic stay sound system definitely recommend this place wine country fire pit baja california yogurt boutique hotel
Reviewed 3 October 2018

The location is unbeliavable, the rooms have not had maintenance since the hotel opened, showers green with rust, holes on curtains, we changed rooms, no curtains (sunrise 6:30 am). Hotel staff in the vans are amazing, super friendly but the rest of the people just smile and don´t help because they don´t know how, for the price you pay go somewhere where you will have good service.

Room tip: Don´t go here, trust me you will regret it
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2018

By far the best up and coming wine region on the planet. A true gem if you live in Southern California and worth every penny. The modern unique architecture combined with hip vibe and amazing wine and food make this a must go to spot for anyone who lives in San Diego. The rooms are very chic modern hip vibe and unlike any place on earth I've been. Do yourself a favor and get down there quick before word gets out too much and the valley turns into the next Napa. 5 STARS All around.

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank chrish760
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Scheduled a look see at this place for 6 people as we travel down south of Ensenada to sup surf often and thought this might be a great new spot to spend a hotel night on way back, had planned on eating here in am, we arrived at 9am and the security guard at the frint gate was the most welcoming ever, however it stopped there. I had emailed with two different people about our visit, so we get to the lobby and proceed to say hi ( mind you there was zero hospitality from the two dudes behind the counter) I am Mexican an have traveled many places around the globe and especially in Mexico like Cabo, Sayulita etc people behind the counter are always ready to jump over it to help you. This was so NOT the case with Salvador, I showed him the emails saying to stop in and we will show you the property, he just said sorry we don't know who Alma or Gilbran are, you can see in the screen shot Alma works for them. In any event he offered for us to schedule with her a visit, I said hello that is why we are here, we planned for the past week to arrive this am and check the property and eat, he said well you must contact her to see the property. So lets just say Almas email didn't get to him, how hard woyld it be to get off the stool and show us around ? They had zero guests in the lobby area, two guys at the counter. I did this similar thing in Cabo at 3 places with my GF and Cabo Surf Hotel had a guy Jesus that dropped everything and walked us around as well as showed us an amazing ocean view room. So this place costs more then the Cabo hotels and its in a friggin dessert feet from a highway so you woyld think they would be jumping at the chance of new business! One week passed as we stayed and surfed 8 days, no follow up from Gibran or Anna on how did ya like the property, was the food good ? So about the 4th day back 12 days after we stopped by I sent a email back explaining what didn't happen, and guess what? Zero reply!!! So we will keep eating at La Esperanza and soon Tempo cause this Encuentro has lived up to the name, "To Find" we found nothing here, even on the way back to the dirt parking area there were maids coming into work and when I asked in Español where the pool is located, she had to tell me its for guests only, howd she know if I was a guest or not? I wasn't dressed for the pool, no towel around my neck etc I was just wondering as we had seen picts of it on there IG So don't waste your time, this place seams to wanna tell you what you Cannot Do!!! What I can say is we were in Sprinter vans, if you look them up you will see them built out like ours and the cost is 80-150k so its not like we looked poor Ja !!!

Room tip: Stay far AWAY!
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank bruz1111
Reviewed 24 July 2018

So first the good: The place is beautiful. Very serene, the lofts unique and quiet, very well suited for the area. The service was also excellent. However, I would not recommend booking directly through them. I usually will try to at certain hotels but when I booked a room here a few months ago, the rates were exorbitant. Yes, I still went ahead and booked it, but it was double what the rates were the weekend we stayed there. I talked to the reception staff about why double the rate, when we could've booked the suite with the jacuzzi for what I ended up being charged. They said prices vary (which I get, I live in SD and hotel prices go up with the season or with ComicCon). But that same night, people were getting charged half what I paid. No offer of anything to make up for that or even a good explanation. I understand could've cancelled or checked prices again before going, but at the time I truly thought I had the only rate available. Again, while the service was good and the place was beautiful, this left a bitter taste in my mouth and I probably wouldn't return. There are other more affordable and just as beautiful options in the Valle.

Room tip: Book through Expedia or TA, not the hotel directly.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sandra L
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Serene, private, views...loved it! Would definitely go back again, infinity pool is beautiful with a great view, continental breakfast was on point and staff is simply awesome! Wineries are all so close as well.

Date of stay: June 2018