Mount Logan Lodge(Haines Junction)
USD 97
All reviewshaines junctiongas stationrooms are cleankluane lakegreat stopremote locationeither directionstay there againnice placehave stayed here many timesnice view of the lakemany placesolder placeparking lotarmtalbotalcan
Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

We had a lot ride this day and found the TAM to be a welcome place to crash and get some sleep.

The room was clean, though not fancy, modern or well adorned by any means. But a decent place to sleep. I would not hesitate to stay for a nights sleep.
The price was fair for its location. Not any other choices.

Internet sucked, so don't plan on uploading anything.

The restaurant was pretty good. Had decent dinner at reasonable price.

Had gas station so we could fuel up.

The place felt safe and secure despite our motorcycle being out in the open.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2017

We were on our way to Haines Junction. Our day originated at Copper Center which was about 375 miles to the west and Destruction Bay seemed to be the only place that appeared to be of our liking. The Alaska Highway is almost a deserted route and not much to choose from. Talbot Arms really is basic. There is a restaurant on the property and had no problem with the selection of meals.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2017

The Talbot Arm Motel in Destruction Bay is a great stopping point on the Alaska Highway beside Kluane Lake and next to the St. Alias range. There is great fishing in the lake, an excellent little musuem at Burwash Landing 10 miles up the highway and lots of interesting wildlife viewing. The restaurant at Talbot Arm serves good, reasonably priced meals as well.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We rolled in kind of late so the restaurant was already closed. However we were able to get a drink at the bar. We walked in only about 10 minutes before the bar was going to close but the bartender never made us feel like we needed to hurry. He was a friendly man who also checked us into the hotel. The room had great amenities-microwave, fridge, good TV channels and was clean. Nothing fancy but it was everything we needed. We slept great. Also, my daughter left behind her bathroom toiletries bag. We didn't realize it until we were 500 miles father down the highway. She was really sad because it had some jewelry that meant a lot to her. They found the bag and mailed it to her at college! GREAT SERVICE!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2017

The title of my review doesn't necessarily mean this is a great hotel and you just HAVE to stay there because it's such a wonderful experience, it just means if you want to stay in a motel during this 150 mile stretch of the Alcan, this is your only choice.
It's actually a nice place. The rooms are clean and basic, the price is about what you'd expect to pay for them having a monopoly on motel rooms (if I remember right it was about US $120 a night - very reasonable) it had a nice restaurant attached with a store for all of your alcohol/grocery needs and a gas station. Since it is the only place around, it fills up fast and it rents out rooms to groups of road workers and linemen who may be working in the area. The night I was there there were a group of guys who were working on the electric lines in the area and they decided to party in the parking lot until 2 AM. They weren't exceedingly loud, but you could hear them. Then again it was the end of June and it was still light out so maybe they just thought is was 9 PM. In any case I was up and out of there before 6 AM having had a pretty good meal there the night before and a decent nights sleep. Plus, the wi/fi is free but reception is spotty. Once again, you are in the middle of nowhere. As an added bonus, the next morning about 5 minutes after I left, I passed a grizzly bear munching on some sort of plants on the side of the road. I pulled over and was able to get some great pictures of this beautiful (and rather large!) creature from the side of my car, which still had the engine running! The other thing I remember after leaving this place, I drove for 30 minutes south and passed the one bear, but I didn't pass any other vehicles going in either direction. It's a very lonely stretch of road.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms face Klune Lake to the east.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo