See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Overall, a bit expensive for the quality. Our room was decent, laďy at the reception was nice. The breakfast was poor. Only bread, coffee and some wrapped muffins. There was only 3 places to sit. There is definitely room for improvement.
The restaurant Belle & Bum was very good. We got 10% rebate from hotel coupon.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 8 August 2015 via mobile

Me and my family were traveling to sept îles from Ottawa and decided to split up the drive by staying a night in Malbaie and the Econo lodge hotel was conveniently just off the highway. When we walked into the lobby, it was very clean and nice and looked newly renovated. The front desk attendant was very nice and explained where
everything was in the building. The stairway did have an odd odor but that seemed to have disappeared when we arrived at our room. The rooms were nice, not anything fancy but it was clean and fine for a night. The beds were comfy and we all got a good nights sleep. We wanted to get on the road early so we were up at 6:30 so the restaurant didn't open till later but they did have a small breakfast buffet set up in the lobby. It was pretty good, they only really had toast,muffins and a few beverages but that was all we needed. We did get a sneak peek at the restaurant which looked very nice and we wished we could've went! Over all I think it was a decent hotel and it was fine for a night just passing through.i definitely would stay again if ever visiting.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel looks old from the outside and the carpet in the hallways is worn but our room was nice and clean. The bathroom looked like it had recently been renovated. The free wifi was not working the day we arrived but was up the next morning. We had a very strong signal in our room. There was a coffee maker and fridge. The beds were very comfortable. The TV had a great selection of channels to choose from. The front desk personnel are very friendly and helpful. Just to mention for anyone who is handicapped, there are no elevators so we had to carry our suitcases up to the third floor. The complementary breakfast consisted of bread and muffins, a toaster and coffee machine and variety of jam and peanut butter. Orange juice is also available. We would stay here again if passing through.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shutterbug_5
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Beautiful little town, friendly people and overall a relatively clean, efficient hotel. My room was on the third (top) floor and the summer day was in the 30 degree celcius range. The ac was not turned on before we opended the door and was not up to the task of cooling off a room that could have doubled as a sauna. The unilingual (French) desk clerk was in no hurry to resolve the issue with a room change. The underpowered ac took at least 5 hours to drop the room temperature to a normal level. I don"t recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the upper 3rd floor on warm summer days.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I decided to give it a shot! (being a Choice Privilege member) I was positively surprised by the room. Honestly, I was afraid of what I could get at this Econolodge in an older building. There was a smell in the stairs, but when I got to the 3rd hallway, it was completely different, no smell at all. When I got in the room, I was impressed. Renovated recently, lots of AC outlets, not too small, clean, strong wi-fi, new air cond unit.

Nice little pub and restaurant also. Close to downtown, well located.

I'll defenitely go back when I travel in the area for business.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank dav2z
Sophie L, Directeur général at Econo Lodge La Malbaie, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear Dav2z,