This inn has it all: it is romantic, restful, and elegant without being stuffy, it has friendly staff, a wonderful restaurant, swimming pool and other facilities, and is delightfully located on a beautiful Canadian lake.
The rooms have all been renovated in recent years, to a very high standard, and they are impeccably maintained. The restaurant – with its wine cellar – deserves its excellent reputation. In addition to the delicious food and the professionalism of the servers, its location next to the lake is enchanting. We were fortunate during our stay in the height of summer to be able to eat out on their patio several times, with the waves of Lake Massawippi lapping two paces from the tables. It was an unforgettable experience.
The swimming pool on the spacious Inn grounds is another great feature. It is idyllically situated among towering pine trees, and we usually had the place virtually to ourselves.
A short walk down from the pool takes you to the beach where you can have a different but equally pleasant swimming experience. Fortunately for inn patrons, there is a fleet of new watercraft, mainly easy-to-use kayaks and rowboats. We had fun trying them out and heading around the point of land past some impressive cottages to the Inn, which is very picturesque in its understated way when seen from the water. Typical of the trusting and laid-back atmosphere of the establishment, the boats are left on the beach unattended all day – there is not even a sign-up sheet; you just help yourself and start paddling or rowing. (Next time, we want to try the sailboat that’s also available.) As a Canadian currently living abroad in a place where things are very different, I found this relaxed ambiance very gratifying and attractive.
An elderly member of our party – who did not participate in water activities – relished her time in the deck chair of the upper porch, looking through the trees to the beckoning lake. She also enjoyed strolling along the lawn to admire the lush and well-maintained flower beds of perennials near the entrance to the inn.
This was our third stay at Ripplecove, the first being 12 years ago. The charm and spirit of the place remain intact, and the facilities have been continuously improved, with the addition of a number of rooms and the spa, and the renovation to a high standard of all the other rooms. This establishment is a rare gem. We hope to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated only 75 minutes from Montreal and 15 minutes from Vermont, Ripplecove Hotel & Spa enjoys the regions premier location on a private 12 acre peninsula on Lake Massawippi, Quebec. Established in 1945, the family run luxury resort has consistently been awarded top honours as one of Canada’s finest hotels. Currently rated as a 5 Star hotel by the Quebec Ministry of Tourism and recipient of a double 4 Diamond Award for both its refined cuisine and luxurious accommodations, Ripplecove Hotel & Spa is simply one of Canada’s finest lakeside resort hotels. This exceptional hotel offers 32 luxury rooms, suites and cottages, most with lake view, fireplace and private lakeside balcony. All accommodations are individually designer decorated and offer luxurious country estate comfort in a pristine rural lakeside setting. Choose from an array of outdoor activities no matter what the season. Tennis, boating, heated outdoor pool, hot tub, bicycles; snow shoeing, skating and ice fishing are all offered on site. Nearby activities include 12 golf courses, summer theatre, shopping and farmers markets, vineyards and the internationally acclaimed “Foresta Lumina” a night-illuminated pathway and pedestrian suspension bridge located nearby at the Coaticook Gorge. If total relaxation is the order of the day, escape to Ripplecove’s Arboressence Spa, for a full range of Spa services using the internationally renowned organic Eminence Spa products. Nestled under 200 year old pine trees on the shores of Lake Massawippi, the Arboressence Spa offers the perfect setting to de-stress, detox and relax surrounded by nature. We hope to have the pleasure of giving you a warm welcome soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Agoda and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Ripplecove Lakefront Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Ripplecove And Spa
- Auberge Ripplecove Hotel Ayer`s Cliff