“Nice restaurant, but paper plates?”
Review of Stella's Dining

Stella's Dining
Ranked #7 of 23 Restaurants in Montague
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We enjoyed our fish and chips at Stella's. The waitress was friendly and the sercice was fast. But we were concerned that the complimentary tea biscuit arrived on a styro-foam plate, and the meal came on a paper plate. Hope the establishment is composting and recycling properly. I would hope that if this is the regular system, they at least could use all compostable plates. All restaurants need to think about their carbon footprint!

The art work was all local and very nicely displayed. Very affordable; a good place to pick up a painting of a local landmark.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

WOW, Stella has some good pan fried salmon and potatoes! Such a fresh, warm restaurant. The food is very tasty and filling. Great for a nice quiet dinner. Very homemade. Stella is literally in the kitchen cooking all the meals. Also, I heard she has the best coleslaw in town. Our waitress gladly answered all of our questions and she was very friendly.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

First of all...very pleasant, friendly waitress attending to us! She had some extra time to chat, as the restaurant wasn't busy when we first arrived (a Tues. night), and then a few more tables became filled. The interior here is basic and simple. My husband had the BLT, potatoes and cole slaw. I had the lobster on a bun, mashed potatoes, cooked carrots and a small coleslaw. I wish I had of gotten the potato salad too, as my potatoes were very plain. Later the waitress asked the people behind me if they wanted gravy, and I wish I had of been asked, and never thought of it. Not a big deal! The meals start with a roll. The menu is not extensive; we thought there would be more choices.
The restaurant is licensed which is nice. Not too many choices for beer and wine, but better than nothing. I gave this an average rating re. the basic look, not alot of choices and paper plates and cups used for our food and water. We have dined at many places in North America, so know how to compare it with those other restaurants. I'm sure there will more to offer over time. We did enjoy our meals, and maybe we'll give it another try, when we come to visit again, to our 2nd home, on the east coast of the island.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Chowder was more of a bisque, but it was delicious. Heavy and thick, but I would go back again for it, even knowing it wan;t like a chowder.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

This was a very nice meal that has a homemade feel and flavour. The service was friendly and the time we waited was expected for a fresh cooked meal. We had a bit of confusion around the specials and the menu (looked like the same pricing) but it all worked out well and we left happy and full.