Avonlea Cottages(Cavendish)
USD 234
USD 244
USD 187
USD 128
Green Gables Bungalow Court Cottages(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
USD 254
USD 247
Hotels.com
USD 158
USD 95
USD 87
Travelocity
  • Pool
Cavendish Bosom Buddies Cottages & Suites(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
USD 168
Bay Vista Motel(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
USD 110
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Marco Polo had been recommended to us by a fellow camper in Nova Scotia. Thinking we would love it, especially our 4 kids, we booked a 4 night stay. We will be canceling the rest of our stay. The rules about strict quiet hours by 11pm and no noise disturbances that bother campers will be tolerated are a joke. At 12:45 AM I called the front desk/security because the restaurant had lots of very loud music and screaming still going on. I was told that the owner puts on Karaoke on Thursdays and it goes on until 1-2am and there was nothing that would be done to limit the noise/music. This building is located in middle of campground so you can hear all the music and noise everywhere. So the noise rules are a joke and are ignored by the owner himself. Additionally a person who claimed to be "on staff" (not sure if she was or if she was poising as a staff member) was with a large group of kids for actives in the evening. She was using profanity(not surprised), called a teenage boy gay and made sexual slurs about him, threatened to beat up his sister for defending him, and then start "twerking". This camp ground is not for us. Will be demanding a refund and not returning. PS - wifi stinks as well.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 15 September 2016

Loved the Inn which is conveniently located next to the campground. Breakfast was included but served in a restaurant nearby (à la carte). The rooms were rather small but ok. Staff was very helpful and welcoming.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Spent two days here August 5-7. Loved the Inn with six rooms, we stayed on the second floor. Breakfast was included.Right around the corner from Ann of Green Gables and Cavendish Beach.Enjoyed so much I had to ask about campground on property to put my RV. You won't regret it

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2016

The campground is the largest by far we have been in. Great to see so many kids' activities. Site was hard to settle into because of vehicles parked on the opposite sites. Took some wiggling. Not for the inexperienced. The week was ok because there were just the two of us exploring the area. Cavedish is a great area for families but doesn't offer much for retirees. Like I say it was all good until laundry day. With over 250(?) sites they had one laundromat. Most expensive by far. frustrating because al least half of the antique washers "were out of order" , leaving about 8 left, and 2 of them just didn't have signs on them. The dryers were the biggest issues because out of approx. 20 only 4 were running and only 2 seemed to be efficient. After complaining to several staff I was told (in a friendly manner) that they couldn't do anything but to take my complaint to the "office" . To shorten my story there were 4 women waiting for 2 efficient dryers( yes word gets around, they were there the previous night and had to do a do over because of the smell of undry clothes, you know what I mean). Unfortunately I unloaded on a staff member instead of asking to speak to the manager. for that I am sorry! The complaint still doesn't go away. I hope they replace all the machines or close the facility. I ended up gathering my wet laundry and going down the road where I dried my clothes for a fraction of the price!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2016

Stayed there 3 nights.. First night, we had electrical problems which the staff and owner could not solve so we were given two extension cords which then meant we could watch tv but didn't have air.. Luckily there was a fair breeze from the open windows so that was good.. By end of our breakfast buffet the next morning at the campground restaurant, the problem had been solved and ended up to be minor fix..
Our one queen bed was not comfortable and i had to hop over my husband to get out of bed.. For the three days the internet was not reliable at all in our second floor room..We actually got service having to sit in our car in the parking lot near the basement of the inn... I think the problem is that the main focus is on the campground not the inn where there are 6 rooms to rent out.. I was disappointed but didn't stay there during the day so really it was just in the evenings we had to put up with the internet and the bed.. Bathroom was very small .. I likely would look somewhere else next time..

Room Tip: Pick a room on main floor for internet service.. Do not choose room at top of second floor stairs..
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple