“If you loved Anne of Green Gables--stop here!”
Review of Green Gables

City Highlights Bus Tour of Charlottetown
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Cavendish
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Home made famous in "Anne of Green Gables" which has been restored to match the descriptions in the books.
Reviewed 16 September 2017

This was an excellent stop and since it is owned by PEI parks it is part of their Canada150 so all parks are free until the last day of 2017. They have done an excellent job replicating the house that was described by Lucy Montgomery in the Anne of Green Gables book.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,431)
All reviews
in 31 reviews
"heritage place"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

This stop brings you back to when you were a little girl watching Anne. Loved it. It is beautiful place to see. There are a few little trails which I found to be an easy walk. And everything was very close together making it a quick and easy trip. We only needed to spend about w hrs to see it all. The gift shop was great and the staff was very helpful. A must see if you watched the show or read the books.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

If you read Anne of Green Gables then you must go! I can see where Lucy Montgomery got her inspirations from. Nice to see heritage home so well maintained and preserved. Nice place for a stroll and an ice cream.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Okay, so I have to admit this right up front. NEVER read the book. Yup, I said it. Planned to visit and purchase my book right from the spot the author loved so much. Now, I did see a movie before visiting. So, I had the idea of it all. Fell in love with Anne. Green Gables was such a delight to visit. I bought my book and they stamped it special stating it was purchased there!! Walked the grounds and just took it all it. I can't wait to read my book and think back on my visit and the areas that I visited just like "Anne". Wonderful staff at the bookstore, very knowledgeable. We visited on a Wednesday around 3:30 pm and there were no crowds. The following day we were bike riding around this area and OMG! bus loads of visitors. So glad we had more alone time with the area and got great photos with no people in our photos. I will always look back on my visit to the Green Gables with the utmost love.