“Worst burger ever”

Yeck's Smokehouse Grill
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Ridgetown
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Have been there several times. Everything has been good until this time. Worst burger we have ever had.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We visited for dinner on a quiet Monday evening. The service was great! The food came quickly was good. Absolutely no complaints. We did order the lava cake and it was more like a chocolate muffin with no lava but it didn't ruin our dining experience.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I have eaten here numerous times for breakfast lunch and supper and have never had a bad meal. I highly recommend the smothered chicken.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Took my mom to Yecks Smokehouse for our mother's day dinner. Busy little spot but service was incredible, fast, super friendly. Mom and I ordered the smothered chicken with mash and veg, I have never tasted such good chicken. It was moist, loaded with mushrooms and cheese and onion and BBQ sauce. The mash potatoes were great, perfect portion, perfect gravy. And everything was piping hot!

I've also came here for breakfast many times. Which is also amazing and the portions are always sufficient to say the least lol

And of course, like all yecks restaurants it seems, its very clean and maintained.

You have to try it!!!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I had a wrap which was acceptable enough but the coleslaw side was bitter tasting and the fries weren't anything great - possibly frozen? Service was quick. We were there for lunch and the food came in a timely manner. Ambience was of a diner rather than a restaurant though the prices were high enough.

My guests plate was taken away with food still on it (fries) but mine was left with fries and slaw and I wish it had been taken as well. We chatted on with my card on the bill but no one came to put it through so after a half hour I went to the cashier and commented that they mustn't have a hand held machine. The comment back was that we were still talking and yes they did have a portable machine. I didn't realize I had to sit in silence to get the bill settled!

I WAS going to take my fries back for my husband to snack on but it was never offered! I will try the place once more for a fish night but otherwise I wouldn't go back.

wdls, Manager at Yeck's Smokehouse Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

This post is a bit contradicting considering in one breathe you state that "I wish it had been taken as well" (referring to your fries) and then in another statement you say "I WAS going to take my fries back for my husband to snack on but it was never offered" so it's very unclear what you wanted. At the same time, if people want their food to go they typically ask for a to-go box. A lot of customers come to the front to pay their bills considering it is on the way out the door. Therefore, the waitress just assumed that you and your friend were busy talking, didn't want to interrupt, and would catch you on the way out. And for the food, if you have a problem with the food, consider asking for something in exchange. Sorry that those minor details made your experiences so terrible. It's unfortunate that we couldn't have resolved these issues in person but rather post your experience to the general public.