See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

A very friendly young receptionist who was more than helpful.
We had a large room on the top floor with a small balcony and an additional family in the guttering above - at least three squirrels! They were no nuisance to us, not so sure about the building.
To a male, all seemed just about OK, though even I noticed the dusty staircase. But my wife was much more critical, showing me grease on the top back of the cooker.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2017

My wife and I recently stayed at this motel. We were traveling with our 12 year old grandson.
The experience was not good and I will not be going to this motel again, either alone or with family.
The up side was location, easy to find and next to a good, clean restaurant with a reasonably priced menu.
Other than that the motel was more expensive than others in the area, the floors, bathroom fixtures and general interior were NOT clean! Finding another persons personal clothing items in a drawer in the bedroom is not acceptable. The house keeping staff said they would not be coming in to clean the room during our stay.
Net result; over priced, sub standard!!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for updated fancy rooms don't stay here. But if you want to meet a charming owner who runs an inexpensive, family-friendly motel on the shores of Lake Huron this is THE place.

My brother booked rooms for us here after speaking to Sunny, the owner and I was glad he did. She checked us in with such good humor that all 5 of us in 3 rooms loved her. Don't be surprised if she compares you to Matt Damon, it's a compliment!

The rooms are suites with beds in 2 rooms and a kitchenette. There are grills and a gazebo in back, and you could see there were a lot of families there.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2017

I really enjoyed Sunny, the owners, attention and willingness to give u satisfaction.
She even called me the day of check in to see what time i would like to check in, but i was on the road.
Very cozy apt/efficiency type suite....kitchen with all the amentities, separate bdrm, with those comfy pillows. Living room area w desk small dining area, bathrm etc. Very nice.
I would definitely recommend. Dont let the entrance set up give u doubts. June 2/3 2017

Room tip: not sure if by the beach as my mind was on attending a family funeral
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 May 2017

I went to the Sand Castle Motel for a weekend in April. The staff was great, very helpful. The room was comfortable, including a kitchenette with utensils, dishes, glasses. The bathroom was basic, nothing fancy, but it was fine. I would probably visit this Motel again if I return to Port Elgin.

Date of stay: April 2017