See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We enjoyed our recent stay at the Sand Castle. The facility is older but the owners have been doing work to update. The important thing to us was that it was clean since we were only there to sleep. The balance of our time was on the beach and touring around. You could spend more at surrounding establishments, but not really get more. We would return.

Room Tip: If you be having people visit, consider the two bedroom suite with the seperate living room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DDD0828
Reviewed 22 May 2012

The Motel is a 2-storey building and each room is a suite with a kitchenette (some 1 and some 2 bedrooms). It was great to be able to make breakfast and snack and not eat out all the time. The full size fridge came in handy. It's clean and conveniently located a short drive to the beach (about 3km). Shopping and restaurants are across the street - very convenient. We spent a beautiful weekend in Port Elgin, but I was really hoping for more comfort. The bed was really soft. The hotel is clearly in transition, some of the decor is quite nice but the kitchenettes and bathrooms are dated. I am not a fussy person, but the lack of water pressure was really frustrating. It was like showering on the 'maid of the mist'. I couldn't wait to go home and wash my hair properly! The management seems to be investing in flat screen TV's, but I would much rather prefer a good shower, soft towels, and duvet linens instead of the flowery bed questionable bed covers. Also, the manager was abrupt - it was hot outside so maybe he was just grumpy. We asked for extended check-out, the hotel was empty and he told us that our rooms specifically had been booked and we had to check out - yeah right....Overall, I would go back, but I really hope management reads this and at the very least fixes the showers:)

Room Tip: Rooms on the first or second floor have a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family