“Great vegan/vegetarian restaurant”
Review of The Pea Pod

The Pea Pod
Ranked #13 of 51 Restaurants in Port Elgin
Price range: USD 4 - USD 15
Description: the Pea Pod is an all vegan and gluten free restaurant and juice/smoothie bar in Port Elgin, Ontario. We have raw options as well and an extensive menu to choose from! We prepare all of our food and everything is homemade. We use only the best quality ingredients and try our best to be as organic as possible. Come in and give us a try!
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Great vegan restaurant in an old Victorian house with great ambiance. Has seating area in one large room of the house on the main floor for dining. All interior looks authentic and very quaint, fresh, cheerful room. The food was great. Nice to have a yummy vegan meal, gluten free as well upon request. Really super nice people. Also have a front room that's beautifully decorated with couches and a large book shelf where you can sit and read health related books. They are moving the business about 20 minutes south to a town called Port Elgin.

Doris R, Owner at The Pea Pod, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Hi There,

Thank you for your kind words and your visit!

Reviewed 1 August 2016

Great location on the main drag. Lots of seating inside and out. The menu had lots of sandwich and wrap options as well as salads and smoothies. I had the black bean sandwhich with chick pea salad and it was refreshing and flavourful. I was surprised at how full I felt most of the day after that meal. Worth checking out!

Hello!
Thank you for your lovely review!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

My favourite place to eat in Southampton! I don't eat dairy or wheat, which can make it difficult to eat out. Its such a great feeling to go somewhere where I can literally eat anything off the menu, rather than from a limited selection of options. The Pea Pod's food is always fresh, flavourful & delicious. Its a cozy & positive environment with great, warm & knowledgable service. I always look forward to coming here & have made it part of my weekly routine.

Hello!
Thank you for continued support! We love to see your beautiful face.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

Finally a restaurant option in Saugeen Shores that makes me feel good. The atmosphere is cute and cozy and the menu options are healthy and fresh. Even my 4 year old loves going. Her favorites are the BBQ carrot sandwich and the Greek salad. I highly recommend a visit to this great place.

Hi there,
We love to hear about children loving the Pea Pod! Thanks for coming in!

Reviewed 10 July 2016

enjoyed the delicious platter for two with my hubby outside on the veranda. Friendly staff. Couldn`t help but notice the unkept grounds though. They could be doing far better business with a little simple marketing. Noticed passer-bys looking a bit confused as to what the place was as did we when we passed right by 2 previous times.

Hello,
Thank you for coming and for your review. Unfortunately, our grounds cannot be helped at this time. However, we have purchased our own building in Port Elgin. Hope to see you there soon!