Crestwood Inn
Sherwood Inn(Port Carling)(Great Value!)
USD 174*
Windermere House Resort & Hotel(Windermere)(Great Value!)
USD 219*
USD 264*
USD 206*
USD 186*
  • Pool
Rocky Crest Golf Resort(Muskoka District)
USD 214*
Bracebridge Inn(Bracebridge)
USD 60*
Duff's Cottages(Port Carling)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscontinental breakfastfresh fruitroom was cleanweek vacationcranberry festivalone nightcoffee makertwo nightsjasoncerealwestwoodmicrowavehostsdeskcabinweddingmuskokas
Reviewed 2 October 2016

we were in port carling for a convention. My husband had a 10:00 o'clock meeting and I thought I would relax and take my time until I had to be at the convention at 12:00. Big mistake to put the privacy sign on the door til I left at 10:30. I then turned the sign at that time to have my room cleaned what a mistake. Apparently when the housekeeping staff go by at 10:00 if they see a sign on the door they don't return to check and see if maybe you either need clean linen or want the room straightened. The housekeeper (I'm presuming owner of establishment) went by in her golf cart and did see me sitting on the porch but never asked if I needed anything. When I went to her at 4:00 and asked why the room hadn't been cleaned not only did she argue with me she threw the clean towels at me. When I said that I didn't realize there was a time limit to when the sign had to go on the door she yelled at me. She didn't once apologize and say that she would clean, she became angry and aggressive to the point I had to walk away. The room is only a two star (maybe). Toilet plugged - they have a plunger beside it for good reason. Continental breakfast is a joke. paint peeling off of porch and dirty - needs at least a quick vaccum - but don't expect that it will be cleaned and very rude owners.The only positive thing about this place is that I haven't seen any bugs in the room yet. Can't wait til tomorrow comes so we can leave.. Would think twice about booking here. If you do don't expect any service - or at least pleasant service. WARNIMG - only stay here as last resort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
jaylyn69, Owner at Crestwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Hello Croz60,
Thank you for your interpretation of the events that occurred. Strangehow they differ from what really happened. Our staff,whether it be ownership or other does not engage in any sort of conflict that you speak of? We pride ourselves on service. We are definately not agressive. As seen in previous reviews that we are very customer oriented and being a small inn we take pride in the one on one attention that we try to provide to each and every one of our guests.
Continental a joke? Funny how all others in your group,,(all 50 of them) actually commentend on the fresh baked(still warm) croissants and muffins that we provide, as well as the fresh fruit is purchased daily and people seemd to be enjoying it both mornings that they ALL came in. In fact alot of them chose to remain at our site as opposed to going to the breakfast provdided elsewhere.
The room only being two star? I was hoping your review might point out something that we could improve on to make it better? The paint peeling on your outdoor porch was in fact scraped off in preparation for painting, in your review you failed to mention the freshly painted building housing eight of our units located beside the unit you occupied.
Thank you for noticing the plunger besides the toilet, as for the reason it is simple enough that you relized why and reviewed us on it, as pointed out at check-in we had an issue with the plumbing in that unit and it being the weekend, a plumber was not avaiable for a non emergency call, the plunger was there in case of a problem: bad service??
We do appreciate the positive comment on theere being no bugs in your room as we do strive to keep or establishment BUG FREE.
As far as i can see in your review that you were still on property as you wrote it. Why did you not come see us at the house to voice your concerns. We are always available and on property for any issues that arise, and an issue of this kind we would appreciate being notified in order to rectify it right away,,
Or at check out it could have been mentioned as well.

We truly did enjoy hosting the group from The Royal Canadian Legion and we look forward to hosting them again next year.
It is unfortunate that your interpretation of the events you describe as taking place would distract from the rest of the group, and the over all success of the weekend. However, we here all know what really happened as well as others in your group who apologized for your behaviour, that afternoon.
Thank you for sharing, and i will be sure to remove the do not disturb sign from your door as it still hangs there as a reminder to staff what it means.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Paid $120 for a room here when other options were not available or way too pricey. Room was spacious and bed comfortable. A generous breakfast was also included however a glance into the kitchen was worrying as cleanlines did not seem a priority.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Hello Prue33'
Your rate of $120 was a great deal on a room that is regularly $149, we have been told before that we are the best deal in the area as other options are not available or way to pricey.
Thank you for the review of the room and our comfrtable beds. However, the kithcen you speak of is actually a storage room in the midst of conversion into a fully operable kitchen.
We do apologize for the untidiness of this area, which is a staff only area being in the shape it was when you happened a glance.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

We stayed here for 2 nights in late August. There was plenty of parking for our boat trailer and we found it an excellent base for us to explore Lake Rousseau, Lake Muskoka and Lake Joseph. Jason was very knowledgable about the lakes and even loaned us charts to use during our stay. Our room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was sufficient but nothing fancy. In comparison we visited one of the fancier resorts in the area and experienced the loud, crowded and boisterous crowds. We would definitely choose the peace of the Crestwood Inn again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Staying anywhere in the Muskokas is expensive so by comparison, Crestwood Inn is reasonably priced. We stayed in the two room, two bathroom cabin. The owners are in the process of upgrading the whole facility which is a considerable and expensive task that understandably must be undertaken gradually. The cottages are in need of maintenance inside and out. I can't speak for the smaller cabin but the larger one, in spite of being in need of maintenance, was clean, mold free, air conditioned and comfortable. Beds were very comfortable and clean. Clean, new carpeting, fresh towels whenever needed. Tubs were clean, modern and mold free. No old cottage mold smells at all which was much appreciated. Breakfast, though basic, was excellent. Muffins and croissants were home baked every day - so good it was hard to choose. Owners are very approachable, helpful and available when you need them. It's just a short drive to Port Carling or Bala and we found great public beaches in both locations.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank HappyEarthWalker
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

Had an amazing stay at the Crestwood Inn.
We rented a one of the cabins which was extremely neat, clean and tidy.
Jason and Linda who manage the place were such an added bonus! They helped us find the best spots to shop and eat as well as where the best local beaches were. Both were extremely friendly and helpful with our stay.
Crestwood is close to all amenities and I would highly recommend it to everyone.
A++++