“Decent menu, food is good quality and quick enough”
Review of Santa Fe Express

Santa Fe Express
Ranked #6 of 27 Restaurants in Petawawa
Cuisines: Southwestern
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The food is really better than you would expect for a little spot in Pet like this. The menu has a decent amount of variety and the food itself is good quality. The price is alright, and the people behind the counter are eager to please. If you ask for something different they can usually do it for you.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Even though they roll out their own tortilla wraps the flavoring of the meat is not traditional and neither is a lot of the ingredients I regretted spending my money on the food because it's extremely overpriced for the amount of food you getting in the quality of the product

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Loved the burritos and tacos served with skdes like chips and spicy salsa or refried beans. Very friendly service too.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Located on a main street with off-street parking. Friendly counter clerk took our order. When my spouse ordered the 2 soft tacos ($7.99) the clerk never missed a beat in asking what she wanted for a side - not IF she wanted a side; but having sized the place up a bit I asked if the side was included. The clerk admitted that a side would be $1.79 extra - I really have to question the honesty shown in the way this was presented. The whole smoke and mirrors on the pricing was confirmed when all I could get as a receipt was a copy of my debit card charge - nothing that showed what we were charged for the various items. My spouse's 2 tacos would have been greatly improved by putting all the filling into one taco and throwing the other away - very sparse ingredients. She left most of one taco shell on her plate because the fillings only really supported a single shell.
No coffee available.
I ordered a 6 piece quesadilla ($9.99) with chicken. The tortilla was slippery with the excess oils in which it had been prepared. It was simply a fried cheese sandwich made with a tortilla instead of bread and with a smattering of chicken chopped into one edge.
Their spartan interior has 6 tables that seat 2 each, and 2 others that each seat 4. There are also a couple of outdoor tables located at curb-side on the fronting street,
They promote a takeout service and offer delivery. Closed Sundays and closed other days at 8 PM.
The class and quality is perhaps best exemplified by the message given to us by the (polite) server who delivered our meals and told us that we could find plastic knives and forks up by the drink dispenser.
Interesting for anyone who has no idea what they should expect in Mexican or SouthWestern cuisine - but we will look to one of the other area vendors offering a better quality of service, product and ambiance in this type of food provisioning.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Santa Fe Express does exactly what it proposes; gives you a little taste of Tex-Mex, without having to wait long. Better suited for take-out, but still able to sit nicely. Friendly athmosphere too!