“Just ok. Seems to be declining in quality with time.”
Review of Madameek

Madameek
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Petawawa
Cuisines: Lebanese
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I have eaten here many times. I used to think it was average to good but I'm not sure how anyone could ever give this a five or even four star rating. First it's expensive and the food quality has not been great lately. Last week I got a spicy chicken shawarma that was not the least bit spicy, had just way too much lettuce and contained a few burnt black chunks of what I assume was chicken. The mezza for 1 that I got with it had really small portions compared to what I'm used to getting, there was one small dried out piece of pita, the falafel was dry and bland and there was a really disgusting off-taste to the baba ghanouj, I couldn't eat it. Often times it's busy here so you may be tempted to call in your order and go pick it up but I learned a few years ago this is not worth the hassle as three times in a row they just didn't bother making my order until I showed up there 20-30 mins later to pick it up. I used to eat here all the time but it's gone downhill over the years and I rarely eat here anymore but am disappointed every time now. The guys who run the place are good, friendly people but I guess they have enough business they don't really put the same attention into it anymore.

1  Thank JRLJ28

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We visited this restaurant based on the number of 5 star reviews it received on Trip Advisor. Something has clearly changed. It was cold, the extractor fans were loud and the staff were impatient. The food was bland. My wife's side of pita bread came wrapped in Saran Wrap, straight out of the fridge. Yuck. Even though we ate in the restaurant, we were served on styrofoam. It was a thoroughly depressing meal. To top it off, it was expensive.

2  Thank Bill C
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Had a great experience visiting this restaurant with my girlfriend. I am a huge shwarma guy and this is hands down the best shwarma plate I have ever had. Chicken was tender, juicy, I've had too many bad experiences with dry shwarma. Potatos were cooked perfectly, I've also had trouble with restaurants serving potatos cooked on the outside and raw inside. Falafel was the best I've had, not too dry, seasoned perfectly. Big portions, not too pricey, and very friendly service! Atmosphere is similar to a small diner, very small eating area, but in a cozy way. There are 6 two person tables. Would recommend to anyone, and will definitely return. Check this place out!!!!

Reviewed 6 December 2017

I went on my way to ottawa then planned the return trip so i could go back again!!! The food is amazing and service is super friendly helpful and quick wish we had something like this at home

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

What a pleasure to find this little place while in Petawawa. It was so good I had to go back the next day! Give this place a try if you are in town. Wish we had one in my home town, would definitely visit often!