Aquarius Motel(Perth)(Great Value!)
USD 78
USD 60
Perth Plaza Motel(Perth)(Great Value!)
USD 86
USD 77
Perth Manor Boutique Hotel(Perth)(Great Value!)
USD 151
The White House(Perth)(Great Value!)
USD 155
Tay Inn(Perth)(Great Value!)
USD 103
USD 1,105
Clyde Hall Bed and Breakfast(Lanark)(Great Value!)
USD 130
USD 126
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewsstewart parkcontinental breakfastbeautiful parksteam roomlovely hotelpool and hot tubwithin walking distanceheated floorsfront desk staffthe breakfast arealovely viewsmall towntay riverpark viewthe lower levelthe hotel is cleanwhite house
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I'll start with the good. The location is excellent if you want to walk around downtown Perth. It's a fairly new hotel so it's clean and welcoming. In general the staff were excellent, very friendly and very helpful.

Entering the double queen room for the first time left us with good first impressions. Luckily we'd booked a room overlooking the park so the view was very pretty. The bathroom was very clean, much cleaner than hotels that charge a heck of a lot more for a room in Canada. The good vibes were dampened a touch when we realised that the base used for the beds was a series of aluminium (I think) sheets that formed a box. Everytime someone shifted position on the bed, the metal sheets flexed and made an awful noise. Not surprisingly this woke us up during the night whenever any moved.

The pool is a bit small but it's clean (I seem to changing tenses here) and although the temperature was a touch on the cold side, it wasn't uncomfortable so and it was fine once our bodies adapted. The pool was ruined for us as other guests were doing flips and cannon balls, which meant there was no safe space for anyone else to swim as the pool is so small. So I gave up. The hot tub was supposedly under maintenance and colder than usual but the temperature was perfectly fine for me, so perhaps they fixed it and forgot to remove the notice. The facilities (changing room and bathrooms) on the pool's level were wonderfully clean.

We ate in the restaurant and the food was excellent. It's an Italian menu so there are lots of pasta dishes to choose from. We had the Fettucini Alfredo, Fettucini Funghi and Canneloni and we all loved our meals. The waiter was charming and very helpful but he seemed to have a problem with the parmesan cheese grater and left a trail of grated cheese wherever he went, including on our plates, our table, the floor and us! No matter, the food was enjoyable. Our only gripe was that the cutlery and plates should have been cleaner.

I've covered the beds and otherwise the room was very comfortable. Like all hotels the A/C - heater is loud but we switched it off as we didn't need to use it. I wish hotels could find a quieter way to heat and cool the rooms.

Our stay included complimentary breakfasts for all three of us. And here's where things fell apart. We ordered two cooked breakfasts and the waffles. The eggs were cold and the potatoes were vastly undercooked on both meals. We could only eat the sausage and toast. The waffle was probably the kind you can buy in Loblaws and it was mildly warm and chewy. It looked like several other guests didn't eat all of their breakfasts so perhaps there was a bigger issue than just our meal.

The young ladies working in the restaurant were polite and helpful but they appeared to struggle with the workload. Perhaps an extra staff member should be on hand during busy periods or a senior member to help organise the restaurant. It took a long time to get our food and we heard someone complain that they were served food later than others who arrived after them. Again, the cutlery, plates, glasses and cups should have been cleaner.

If the Parkside resolve their kitchen issues (cleanliness, breakfast and staffing) and replace their bed bases with something quieter, then I would wholeheartedly recommend the hotel. It's a very pleasant, clean and very friendly oasis in the middle of Perth. Without these improvements I think I would only return knowing I wouldn't have a great sleep and that I would want to eat breakfast elsewhere.

We didn't use the spa or the salon.

Note - I rated this stay as 3* but really I would place it at 3.5* if I could. I really want to make it a 4* but I can't because of the breakfast experience and the noisy beds. Without these two issues it would be a definite 4*, perhaps even 4.5*

Room Tip: Book a room overlooking the park - it's probably a few bucks extra but worth the view.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank JustATraveller07
Tanya J, General Manager at Best Western Plus Perth Parkside Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the Perth Parkside Inn & Spa.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We like this hotel. There aren't many choices in Perth, that can accommodate families, but this one is able.
Clean, friendly staff, complimentary fresh-cooked breakfast.
Clean pool, nice room.
Complaints? Enough with the plastic already! Plastic covered plastic cups in the rooms, cream and milk in plastic, condiments in plastic.
It's 2018, let's get up to date, please!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our recent stay at the Perth Parkside Inn & Spa. We are happy to hear you enjoyed some time with your family, and that our staff made you feel welcome. Our guests have asked, and we have listened, we now have a complimentary breakfast included in each stay.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

What a surprisingly beautiful hotel! Fabulous and comfortable stay because of wonderful staff. I was in Perth for business and being my visit visit wasn’t sure where the best place to stay was. I found it! From booking through to checkout everything was perfect! Love this hotel! Would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tanya J, Manager at Best Western Plus Perth Parkside Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time, and that our staff made you feel welcome. We look forward to seeing you again soon at the Perth Parkside Inn & Spa.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Terrific hotel with onsite spa. Enjoyed the private pedicure with wine and cheese. The room was clean and comfortable and had an air jet tub. The swimming pool has a fun current feature. Breakfast was full made to order included in room charge. Will definitely plan to return in the future.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our onsite Aveda Spa. We have currently made some changes for our guests, after hearing the feedback, and include a complimentary breakfast with each stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon at the Perth Parkside Inn & Spa.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Perth Parkside Inn & Spa. Beautiful room, great amenities and helpful and friendly staff. I would highly recommend it! The spa downstairs was wonderful and they offered many different types of spa services, plus a wonderful pool to relax in afterwards. If your looking for a great weekend spot, this is it!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tanya J, General Manager at Best Western Plus Perth Parkside Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Perth Parkside Inn & Spa. We are happy to hear you enjoyed all of our amenities. We feel very fortunate to have our Aveda spa located right on property, with the mineral pool, hot tub and steam room there to enjoy after your time at the spa, or just to relax in while at the hotel. Your business is important to us, and we hope to see you again soon.