“Fresh And Tasty”
Review of Chorizo

Chorizo
Ranked #62 of 249 Restaurants in Milton
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great place to chow on some fresh and flavorful tacos. Convenient location in shopping center next to Popeye's supplements.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Chorizo does fast Mexican really well! We frequent this place at lunch time (and sometimes for dinner). My favourite is the burrito bowl with chorizo sausage. The salsa and toppings are all freshly made and the proteins are grilled to order. I highly recommend you give it a try!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2017

We went here and I was pleasantly surprised by both the food and the service. Our burritos were tasty, and I absolutely loved the mango salsa. The portions were very generous and the staff was friendly. A great place for a quick meal or take out.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 16 May 2017

My husband and I love it here, I can't stand Burrito Boyz and its fake beef and was pleasantly surprised to see real meat being grilled and the toppings are always fresh, I usually get the el grande bowl double steak and hubby gets the el grande with steak and chorizo, so good! I don't like the burrito sauce and it gets added a lot when I never asked however I still enjoy my bowl.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 30 December 2016

I like Chorizo and eat here several times a year. Likely about once a month.

The food is fresh and hot. Most importantly it looks like and tastes like natural food. Your meat usually gets prepped and cooked right in front of you. The veggies, salsas and gauc are regularly prepped and replaced in the hot table. You know you're eating fresh.

I have food allergy and dietary restriction issues. Most of the staff are able to help and accommodate this without looking at you like you have a second-head or treating you like you're being a nuisance.

I've only ever had the fajita bowl here. I near always enjoy it (because things are made fresh sometimes the salsa is spiced just slightly but noticeably differently and sometimes the veggies or meat are a bit more charred -- so sometimes the dining experience is slightly disappointing or a little hit and miss). But only once was it disappointing -- that mostly seemed to have to do with it being a busy night and at dinner time so some of the food felt like it was a bit of a scrapping of the bottom of the barrel situation. So I'd recommend avoiding peak hours, if you can.

I've dined with other people who have had a variety of other items from the menu and they almost all have reported they enjoyed it.

Thing to keep in mind with this place is that it isn't cheap dining despite being a "take-out"/"fast food" kind of joint. This place isn't exactly fast even when the place is empty. And, you should expect to be dishing out at least about $12 each -- and that's without extras or upgrading to a combo. It's a little weird it's so expensive when it's right next to Lone Star, which you could get simliiar food at a price point that's not much more. However, I would say this is nicer food and a more "authentic" burrito experience.

I had previously felt that Choirzo was better than Chipotle. But that was before I'd eaten at Chipotle in Canada. I'd only had Chipotle in the USA. Now that I've had the opportunity to eat at four different Chipotle in the GTA, I'd pick them over Choirzo given the opportunity. However, Choirzo still remains much, MUCH better than Mucho Burrito, Taco Del Mar, Quesada, Bar Burrito, etc., in this reviewer's opinion.

You get a lot of food at Chorizo -- but I suspect not as much as Chipotle (just going on the bowl). Nice thing is that you don't have to pay extra for gauc, though. And there's some great salsa choices.

This store usually has it's music blasting so it can get quite loud. It's rarely that busy and I've been there a variety of different times in the day. But the whole place is freezing cold. I usually eat in the restaurant and it's like a warehouse and wind tunnel combined. It's not the nice sit-down dining experience between the loud music and the temperature. But the food is good enough that I'm a regular.

Date of visit: December 2016

Been to Chorizo? Share your experiences!