USD 135
USD 117
USD 83
USD 80
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 89/night.

Englehart Motel(Englehart)
USD 114
USD 119
USD 116
USD 127
All reviewshot tubsnow removalwalk in showergreat place to staybreakfast providedbeautiful hotelbaked beansbreakfast selectionlarge dogfront deskfitness roomhear everythingfamily weddingbed and pillowslate checkenjoyed our staywould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

The important thing first: the hotel is clean and modern, staff is friendly and housekeeping is doing a decent job overall.

The main point of critique however is the "hot" breakfast which was mostly cold at 8:30, probably still from the first serve, which was constantly the case. Additionally the whole cutlery and plates is throwaway, which is the first time ever I've seen that in a three star hotel that advertises with "sustainability". Breakfast selection also wasn't very diverse, missing fresh unpackaged products or overall diversity over the week.

The beds were very good, we slept well. AC was really powerful and kept the rooms cool quickly. The shower heads however have very poor output and the walls seem to be thin as paper as you can hear everything going on outside.

Over all its a nice hotel for a quick stop or business matters, but downsides get visible after more than 3 days of stay (breakfast, mostly). We were also missing room saves as a quick to use commodity to lock away valuables. The room fridge however was a great addition to use for our groceries and drinks.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Selena G, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kirkland Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Hello Micheal

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us! I am sorry to hear that breakfast as not to your liking. Our hostess works very hard to prepare the food in small batches so that it remains fresh and hot. We will investigate to see if something went wrong during your stay. I am not sure what you mean by missing unpackaged products as we do not have any that are individually packaged. Our selection offers choices for everyone and includes three kinds of cold cereal, oatmeal, apples and oranges, yogurt, fresh fruit salad. cheese slices, muffins, milk and three types of fruit juice. Our hot offering includes two waffle makers (with rotating flavoured option), baked beans. either hash browns or potato patties and rotating proteins. We have ham, sausage patties, bacon or sausage links daily. Eggs are always offered and may be scrambled, egg patties, hot boiled, sunny side up or French toast. Finally we complete the breakfast with white or brown Texas toast, bagels, English muffins and croissants. We are always willing to try new things and are open to specific suggestions.

In Canada most hotels with the complimentary breakfast do not have full kitchens and the ability to provide real china. Room safes are uncommon as well although many have safety deposit boxes at the desk should a guest require one.

We thank you for being our guest and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

I usually don't write reviews but I just had to say something about this stay. So I'm visiting Kirkland lake for my daughters wedding and I'm checking in and I'm told the power will be out all the next morning because the entire town is going to be out because of a planned power shut off. So knowing this don't you think the hotel should have informed the people staying there of the planned power outage which I'm sure was planned a while ago. My room is located on the first floor just around the corner of the front desk. After the wedding I planned on getting a good sleep, was I wrong! The hotel is filled with electrical workers for the planned shut down of power and the activity around the front desk could be heard very loudly in my room. So finally I get to sleep but was woken by some no power alarm going off in the front desk around at 7am, so sleep was not an option after that. So at this point I want to wash up but its a cold shower in a dark washroom it is. My daughter and new husband are staying on the 4th floor and they have a lot of gifts received at the wedding. So the elevator is not working and the emergency lighting in the stairway is not working either so we had th carry all the stuff threw the dark down 4 floors. They offered a hot breakfast but that didn't happen, we had to drive 40 min to get a coffee. So in the end what I'm trying to say here is that they knew the power was going to be turned off and should have informed everyone coming to stay there and they should have been better prepared for the event. My stay was a disappointment and I would not stay at this hotel chain again. My sisters were staying at the comfort Inn across the street and they at least got hot coffee.

Room Tip: Don't let yourself be put in a main floor room, way to loud.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Hello Dean
Thank you for choosing the Kirkland Lake Microtel Inn & Suites for your recent stay. Planned power outages are subject to change right up to the day before they are scheduled based on weather, extenuating circumstances or crews being rerouted. The best that we can do is make sure all of our guests are informed when they check into the hotel as this is not a situation we can control. I am sorry that you found the first floor to be on the noisy side. I am surprised to hear that the bride and groom didn't inform their wedding guests of the potential inconvenience. Elevators were operational all night and right until 7:00AM so guests did have ample opportunity to use them to transport large items ahead of time. Our breakfast attendants did make sure all of our coffee pots were full but were unable to make more after the power went out. I am sure the Comfort Inn staff did the same. however they are a smaller property with fewer guests and perhaps their coffee lasted longer.

Again I am sorry that the hydro outage made your stay less than perfect and certainly respect your right to choose another hotel should you be in the area.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We travelled as a group for work. The hotel is very tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. Enjoyed the breakfast provided. The only negative was that the noise level was a little high. It was quiet by 11 though. Nice gym.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Selena G, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kirkland Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Hello CurlyOntario!
Thank you taking the time to review your stay with us! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Your comments are appreciated and will be shared with my team. We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I like the Microtel hotels in northern Ontario. Great facilities and a decent hot breakfast included. Not sure why I paid about $50 more in Kirkland Lake then the Microtel in Timmins. This might influence my hotel choice in Kirkland Lake next time. STEAK, OFY!!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Selena G, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kirkland Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hello Mike
Thank you for choosing our hotels for your recent northern adventure, Our hotels are ideal for sledders with direct access to the trails, free full breakfast, pool and spa as well as security cameras in our parking lot. Rates will vary from town to town and are influenced by availability, room type and number of people, market demand and conditions. Our rates are positioned well in relation to what our much older competition is charging, especially taking into consideration the amenities we offer that they do not
We do offer discounts and promotions when demand is lower. Our location also supports our local snowmobile club by giving them a portion of revenue for every room sold to snowmobilers. We hope that you will stay with us again next year but certainly respect your right to choose.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

The parking lot was not maintained as far as snow removal is concerned. Terrible Ruts and huge mounts of snow to drive on in parking lot. Could not connect to the internet. Sound proofing is terrible. Can hear neighbour clearly in shower and any conversations they would have. Sqeeky floors. Breakfast options were terrible.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Selena G, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kirkland Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Hello Dave
Please accept my sincere apologies on failing to exceed your expectations during your last stay with us. We did experience issues with our parking lot due to heavy snow fall followed by a fast melt then a quick freeze. Our contractor did his best to mitigate the results of the weather and we apologise if his efforts fell short.

I am sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced by other guests being inconsiderate. In the future at this or any hotel please be sure to contact the front desk should you experience problems and our staff will do their best to assist. I am also disappointed to read your comments about breakfast as we offer many hot and cold options, better than most hotels without full service kitchens. We appreciate your business and thank you for your feedback/