“Can be a great experience.”
Review of Syndicate Restaurant Grimsby - CLOSED

Syndicate Restaurant Grimsby
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017

My wife and I went there with another couple. We looked forward to it because of the great reviews. It was nice to be in a house-turned-restaurant and we had a table in what used to be the living room. The food was quite good but not inexpensive.

The only issue I would have with it are the acoustics. Unfortunately, when we were there, so was a family with a cranky child. The noise seemed to be amplified in the room, making it uncomfortable for all there. Maybe you'll get lucky and there won't be a screaming child there. If so, it could be a wonderful, romantic experience for you.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Nice place on the inside and service was fine. They have some very good craft beers on tap I would recommend. The food was good and they have a number of different things on the menu. The 3 course option is a great idea if you want dessert.
Had the calamari which was done differently with the buffalo sauce but was tasty.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Atmosphere was great. Lovely historic building. Service was mediocre. Staff not polished and wait times were not good. Considering it didn't seem to be an overly busy time. we were told on phone for our arrival time reservations were not required. Presentation and taste of meal was great. Value was very good. Our waitress at end of meal, did offer to give me a tour of the building and abit of the history of the home, including some ghost stores, so did appreciate that effort. Very interesting.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We chose the prix fixe menu (which had many additional cost options, so I think a more fitting name would be a "Set Menu"). Our appetizers came out quickly and were very well prepared.
The main course took quite some time and was a bit on the cold side upon arrival. Shortly after receiving it, my partner noticed a piece of paper on top of his steak, so we had to send it back to the kitchen to be remade. The replacement came back pretty quickly but was undercooked (Blue (chewy cool center) instead of rare (warm red center)).
Dessert also took a surprisingly long time to arrive, but was good!

Would not personally go back, but seems like it might be a good restaurant on a good day judging by the quality of the food (under cooked replacement not withstanding).

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I have been at The Syndicate at least half a dozen times it's a very convenient location as I live close by.
My husband and I have brought a number of friends and family there for dinner . And have always had a super time. Food is always great and the staff fun and knowledgeable. Kinda unique.
But the reason I'm writing this review is that I find it extremely rude when people bring their children to a nice restaurant on a busy weekend evening and expect the servers and everyone else to accommodate them.
Go to McDonald's . Let us enjoy our dinner and don't expect the staff to accommodate you.
That's all .