“Love the spicy pasta ”

Ranked #8 of 65 Restaurants in Grimsby
Price range: USD 13 - USD 48
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in Grimsby, 35 minutes from Niagara Falls, on the Niagara Wine Route, Cibo Osteria or just CIBO, brings you small town of Niagara with an excellent contemporary cuisine.Our wood-fired pizza oven opens on summer weather permitting We take pride in being true to the philosophy of food – fresh ingredients, simple recipes that are prepared with love and respect for our customers. At Cibo In Grimsby, you’re enjoying our food, and our wine from Niagara region, we would just like to say welcome you to Cibo and Enjoy your meal !
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

I love their house salad and the spicy pasta is my favourite dish. Unfortunately it's not with penne anymore but it is still great nonetheless.

Management response:Responded 27 August 2017

Thanks alot Nina for your comment. Actually you can customize your penne with spicy sauce . So just let our servers know and they are more than happy to modify the course which best fits your need.
Regards,
Cibo team

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We were at Cibo before and we decided to comeback. We are happy the menu has changed, and now we have more options on pastas. We also heard that the owner will bring back Ossobucco in winter which is one of my favorite dishes. We started with Bellini cocktails and Cider, which was not on menu last time we came and we really like the Cider a lot. We had our antipasto to share; cured Italian meat looks great in combination with marinated artichoke, pickle onion as well as assort of cheeses. Wood fired Pizza oven is definitely a must take in summer. We are kind of confused to think that they only have pizzas in summer and it’s only done with wood fire pizza on patio but it’s not the case. Pizzas are always on their menu and only wood fired pizza oven opens in summer. We had our prosciutto pizza to share. It’s so nice to see the pizza chef preparing it in front of us .The gnocchi is perfectly cooked and we also add meatballs on top of our pasta. I really like the menu’set up which give us way much more room to customize our dishes. My friend also add chicken on her penne.
Finally we end up with bailey cheese cake and chocolate caramel. Our server is very kind and friendly. We will definitely comeback.

Management response:Responded 14 August 2017

Thanks alot for your support. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Service was good,i felt like i have eaten one of the best meal in my life here. I will definitely come back here.

Management response:Responded 9 August 2017

Thanks alot for your support. We appreciate your patronage

Reviewed 6 August 2017

We ate on the patio. It was perfect weather for a dinner on the patio. Our server was very friendly and we were offered drinks right away. We all enjoyed our meals and the servers here are very attentive. They don't just walk away and forget about you (like I have seen at other restaurants)....you have your drink within 2 minutes of sitting down, they ask you how your food is, they ask whether you need more drinks at appropriate times, and they are very pleasant to talk to. They seem to really enjoy working there. The food arrived piping hot and tasted great. We had a really nice time there and will definitely be going back.

1  Thank beenthere107
Management response:Responded 9 August 2017

Thanks alot for your support. We are looking forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We were there this past weekend and it was a nice, warm summer evening. We were offered the option of eating either inside or out on the patio, but we were thinking we might be too hot on the patio, so opted to be inside the air conditioned dining room. It was nice to be given the choice.

Our waitress (I believe her name was Carrie) was super friendly. They had a chef making wood fire pizzas out on the patio, and they looked great, so we ordered the pizzas. They were out of this world fantastic! The crust was thin and crispy....just the way I like it...and I couldn't believe how fast they cooked! They were ready so quickly! If you go and they have the wood fire pizza oven on, I would definitely highly recommend the delicious pizzas.

Two of us had Cosmopolitans to drink and they were really good as well. Afterwards, we had desserts. I had the creme brulee and others at my table had the cheesecake. Again, delicious! The whole evening was wonderful. Nice atmosphere, great food and friendly service. I highly recommend Cibo Osteria for your next dining out experience.

Management response:Responded 18 July 2017

Hi Diana,

Thanks alot for your support. Our wood-fire pizza will open on each fridays and saturday dinner. Summer menu will be available on thursday July 20th. We are looking forward to seeing you again