“Tasty and Fresh”

Ranked #11 of 64 Restaurants in Grimsby
Price range: USD 13 - USD 49
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in Grimsby, 35 minutes from Niagara Falls, on the Niagara Wine Route, Cibo Osteria or just CIBO, brings you small town of Niagara with an excellent contemporary cuisine.Our wood-fired pizza oven opens on summer weather permitting We take pride in being true to the philosophy of food – fresh ingredients, simple recipes that are prepared with love and respect for our customers. At Cibo In Grimsby, you’re enjoying our food, and our wine from Niagara region, we would just like to say welcome you to Cibo and Enjoy your meal !
Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

This tastefully decorated restaurant has a few different rooms to dine in and offers a nice lunch menu that includes soup or salad with their sandwiches. We had "The Vegetarian" and "The Parmigiana." Both were very good. The buns were excellent - crusty on the outside and soft on the inside. All ingredients were fresh. Dessert was Chocolate Truffle Pie (which is really a small tart) warmed and drizzled with a little strawberry sauce, a small dish of vanilla ice cream and a chocolate truffle. It was just the right size. Service was fast and friendly. We went at noon on a Friday and it was quite busy. It was also very noisy so it was hard to have a quiet conversation. Other than that, we enjoyed it very much.

Date of visit: February 2016
Write a reviewReviews (190)

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoy the food Staff are always very nice at attentive. Food is always fresh and served in good time. Can be a little loud but always a good time.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 31 January 2016

I'm a big time foodie and have traveled quite a few places in Canada....As far as my opinion is concerned this is one of the best Italian food I've ever tried..... Their risotto and pizza is to die for moreover they have a really nice wine selection.......... presentation was really good....this place is a must visit place in grimsby....

Reviewed 16 January 2016

While visiting family over the Christmas holidays in Grimsby, Ontario we met friends for lunch at Chibo. It was after Christmas so the restaurant was not busy at all. Service was friendly and fast. A good variety on the menu and they offer daily specials. I enjoyed their thin crust margarita pizza and the other 3 in our party said their sandwiches were also very good. It was a first experience here for 3 of us and we all agreed we would definitely return. This location offers a few smaller rooms that would be perfect for a private gathering. Good value as well.

Reviewed 26 December 2015

The restaurant is lovely, with various rooms converted into dining areas that gives it a great feel and atmosphere. The staff were friendly and helpful, but I think they were understaffed. It was a Wednesday lunch time, and I guess they didn't expect to be so busy although it was the week before Christmas. Anyway, we had one server handling two rooms, so approx. 10 tables. We sat down at 1, it was 1.30 before our order was taken and then the table next to us (who arrived after we did) got their order first. We finally got our food around 2.10 pm. The food was fairly good, but not worth the $20-odd per pasta entree that they charge. I ordered pasta with chicken, the chicken was finished so I got it with shrimp instead. How does a restaurant run out of chicken in the middle of lunch hour? All in, not a bad experience but not one I'll repeat. I drove from Saint Catharines, my guests drove from Toronto and we wanted to go somewhere nicer than the local restaurant chains. I guess this wasn't the right choice, so leaving this review for anyone else looking for something good. This isn't it.

1  Thank Tracey S