“Above and beyond the call of duty”
Review of Ste. Anne's Spa

Ste. Anne's Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grafton
Picton, Canada
“Above and beyond the call of duty”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My wife and I were able to spend our 25th wedding anniversary at Ste. Anne's Spa and much like the four previous visits we were treating royally by everyone at the spa. What made this visit even more special was that we were treated to a complimentary accomodation due to the fact that our visit in August 2011 was not quite perfect. Our room had an air conditioning unit that was misbehaving and interrupted our sleep. I chose not to mention at the time but sent an email response when asked to do so by Ste. Anne's once they heard my concern the spa went out of their way to ensure that we try again with an even nicer room that we had booked in August. I have always been impressed at how some businesses deal with clients whose experience has not been perfect. Ste. Anne's gets full credit in my mind and has now guaranteed that they will be our only spa choice for the future. Thanks so much to all the people at Ste. Anne's who make their spa such a wonderful place to visit and relax at.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Visited Ste. Anne's for an overnight spa getaway once again with my mother and sister. We stayed at the Haldimand East, a beautifully renovated schoolhouse in Grafton, ON. It was a well-appointed accommodation for three with a living room, fridge, microwave, coffee maker/kettle, beautiful 4-piece bathroom and a king bed/+single bed with luxurious bedding. The spa services and amenities were top notch; relaxed in the grotto last evening with the whirlpool, plunge pool and lap pool; experienced a 90-minute 'massage of a lifetime' with HeatherB; visit made all the more enjoyable by the absolutely lovely Brett! You must experience Ste. Anne's!

• Stayed February 2012
Reviewed 17 February 2012

My mother took me to Ste Anne's during a week I had off work for stress-related reasons. Upon entering the grounds, I found it to be lovely and still - excellent for quiet contemplation. We were there for a day spa - a massage, lunch, a foot treatment, and then tea. All were lovely - the services were professionally done, and the staff were uniformly kind and pleasant. Lunch and tea were also excellent. I even enjoyed the waiting rooms - there was a puzzle just waiting to be worked on, so I set to that activity and was able to zone out just with that.

The locker rooms were well-equipped - I think the only thing I could think of that would improve them is perhaps some more privacy for those who are a little more reserved (like me), whether out of shyness or due to religious obligation.

All told, however, we had a lovely time. Thanks to all.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2012

i have been here 4 times and every time i go i am NEVER disappointed. this time i went with my husbnad and 2 grwon daughters. we stayed at the Doll's house so in the evenings we could play cards and not disturb the other guests in the main building. the food is wondeful, tea time is my favourite and we had 3 treatments while we were there for 2 nights. the treatments were fabulous and i thought Ryan (who is an RMT and has been there for numerous years) is the one to go to. you will not be disappointed.save up to stay for a couple of nights , it will be worth it.

Room Tip: we had our own quaint building just metres from the main building so we were not bothered by any oth...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My husband and I went away mid-week for my birthday, which also happens to be Valentine's day. This was our first trip to St. Anne’s and it was on a recommendation of family members. There were mostly couples and girls' get-away there, and truly this spa is comfortable and welcoming to both. The value was exceptional for everything that is included: spa vouchers, dinner, breakfast, lunch. The food was tasty, yet healthy, and filling without being too much. Furthermore, even though the property isn’t licensed to serve alcohol, you are welcome to bring your own wine/liquor as there is no corkage fee. The property is beautiful, clean and rustic. When we arrived we got upgraded to the Maudd suite at no extra charge because it was my birthday and the Inn wasn't that busy--thank you Richard for making our stay so beautiful. The service and staff were friendly and accommodating. We had a wonderful Swedish couples' massage. The atmosphere was serene and relaxing. The grotto with the three pools (current, cold plunge and hot-tub) was fantastic, especially on a cold February night. The Eucalyptus steam room was soothing. The relaxed atmosphere was exactly what two corporate professionals like my husband and I needed. Felt like a mini-vacation without the distance. We will most definitely be coming back and recommending this place to all of our family and friends.

Tip: if you forget your slippers just ask at the front desk and they will provide you with complimentary ones. Truly, anything you forget, the Inn can take care of.

Room Tip: The Maudd Suite is amazingly beautiful and extremely spacious. Has a King size bed with plenty of cl...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HanyaH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grafton
11.9 km away
12.3 km away
The Woodlawn Inn
The Woodlawn Inn
#1 of 7 in Cobourg

Been to Ste. Anne's Spa? Share your experiences!