All reviews mini fridge coffee maker the river wine glasses one night small town up to date would definitely stay here again watch the boats nice surprise couple of days room was clean trent deck water motel weekend
Reviewed 25 May 2017

We came into Campbellford with no where to stay and I remembered that I during my research of the area I had read about this Inn. I called them and they directed us to the Inn. The lovely lady at the front desk arranged for us to see the room and welcomed us so graciously. This is a renovated motel that offers a large room with a king size bed, freshly painted. The room has a coffee maker, fridge and microwave. The washroom although small has everything you need. The best part of the room is the balcony right on the edge of the Trent River. Sit on the balcony and feel all the bad thoughts melt away. If you are in the area, consider staying at this lovely inn.

Room Tip: Room 101 is great.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sprocak
Reviewed 14 December 2016

We had no idea when we booked a room at the Water's Edge Inn, that would be so nice! It looks like a regular little motel, with the doors facing the waterway, but inside, it's like a posh, modern hotel room! The decor is up to date and colourful with nice sheets and plush towels. The bathroom was bright and clean with a deep tub which was perfect for soaking in with a book and glass of wine. The bathroom amenities have some little extras, and the main room included a table and chairs overlooking the water, fridge, microwave and Keurig coffee maker. There were glass wineglasses and rocks glasses, ceramic mugs and real cream and milk in the fridge for our coffee. And a corkscrew! We loved it and would love to come back!

Room Tip: We had the furthest end room which gave us a nice view up the river!
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
WEIManager99, Manager at The Water's Edge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

LanaKay,

Thank you so much for this review. Much appreciated, we hope you are able to return some day!

Kind Regards,

Kathryn

Reviewed 7 October 2016

I had reserved 2 single rooms for 2 nights. Circumstances forced us to have to cancel the 2nd night, and we gave them 30 hours notice. They would not refund the deposit for that night unless they were able to rent the room out again. They were able to do that for one room, and not the other. However, when I phoned on that day to see if they'd rented it, they actually had rented that room and still had a room left that was not the style which we had reserved. So, even with our room rented they would not refund our deposit. This entire situation is a flagrant abuse of the client. They charged money twice on one room. People in Campbellford also told me that you cannot book one night in the weekend in the summer, they demand that you book for 2 nights. They should be reported to the Innkeepers Association and the Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Gracie5212
Reviewed 29 August 2016

My husband and I stayed here the beginning of August on a Thursday night. We arrived early and could not check in until 3. The reception is closed for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Wish I would have know this. The room was wonderful. Five star amenities. (Bath robes, Kurig Machine with coffee, mini fridge, etc.) Everything was so clean and newer. I think we were the only people staying there. Outside the door was a deck with table and chairs overlooking the river. Just beautiful. Wish we would have stayed for a couple of days. Would go back in a minute.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travellingdianne
Reviewed 7 August 2016

A beautiful, cleanest room, equipped I would say comparably to a 5-star hotel, lots of towels, top of the line bed, a gown, an ironing desk and an umbrella! (so sweet), a fridge, a microwave, and a QUIET AC! The balcony door opens to a little wooden terrace looking right at the river, under tree branches. A small but beautifully kept and cleanest bathroom (shower, no tub). Prompt, most friendly and helpful staff, who will direct you to every point of interest in town. Very close to everything. More than reasonably priced. Can't think of a better place to stay at, would recommend it to anyone. Good for a romantic getaway, a stay with kids or friends, or for business - I felt like a queen (was on a business trip), and was dying to share it with my loved ones, next time I go I will definitely go with.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms have an exit from the balcony to the terrace looking at the water
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business