“Maybe a Four..”

Rousseau House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rousseau House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 66 Restaurants in Ancaster
Price range: USD 11 - USD 23
Cuisines: International
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Good service ,good food and excellent company.
Only negative remark is feel the restaurant could use an update in decor.
Rousseau house needs it and lovely Ancaster deserves it.

2  Thank wendy f

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Food was outstanding and service was excellent. Well worth the trip to Ancaster. Highly recommend this restaurant

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely historic residence, which is now a restaurant. The meals are very salt and pepper and lack imagination. Service was lovely. Walk across the street for better value and delicious meal options.

3  Thank rhus1
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

I’ve come here often and the food and service has always been great. The outdoor patio in the summer is even better! I live in the area and have come here for birthdays and dinners. Highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 25 January 2018

I went for lunch with a friend and we both ordered the Waldorf salad. It was delicious - it was a meal-size portion of lettuce, walnuts, apple slices, really tender chicken and though it came with blue cheese, they we were willing to substitute goat cheese for me. We both thoroughly enjoyed it, and we also ordered bread and butter, which was extra, but well worth it with 3 kinds of bread served with herbed butter and another spread. They brought plain butter for me. Our server was very pleasant and good. I look forward to my next visit there.