“I'll be back”

The Egg & I
Ranked #8 of 68 Restaurants in Ancaster
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Our breakfast menu offers locally farmed fresh grade A eggs, a variety of specialty omelettes or you can ask to create your own; the BEST eggs benedict, which is prepared to satisfy all tastes; freshly prepared hand cut grilled home fries seasoned to perfection, deep fried or plain; In-house made fresh ‘n fluffy buttermilk pancakes, Belgium waffles or Texas French toast all available with a variety of toppings for you to personalize Our Lunch menu features in house made 100% beef burgers; A Swiss mushroom burger topped with sauteed chopped fresh mushrooms and melted Swiss cheese; Homemade soups and an assortment of hot/cold Sandwiches try our famous Club house and roast beef melts cooked in house with fresh turkey and roast beef for anytime of the day. Come For Dinner and enjoy a variety of salads, fresh chicken, and in house made fish & chips with coleslaw. Recommended entrees: a 10oz New York Steak grilled the way you like and loaded with sauteed mushrooms; liver & onions; pasta, with or without meat sauce.
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Very nice dining room. GREAT service. Very good food. Came for brunch with some colleagues. Had a very good omelette. Next time I would order different potatoes. These were to moist. A little on the expensive side - $13 for my breakfast and I didn't order a drink. I'll be back when in the area again.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

A great family restaurant. Great food and service. Its busy. A standby family breakfast joint. Nothing fancy... Great for kids.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Visited with another couple. Service was quick and friendly. Quite a few guests which made cor a noisy buzz. Omlette was okay and lots of potatoes and two nice slices of rye bread.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Good for a roadside diner. Wide selection, reasonably priced.
Not a place that I would drive to, but passing and hungry it fits the bill.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

This is a review of the Ancaster Ontario location. We go there for the breakfast dishes. This restaurant has ample parking and is quite quick at delivering your order. Decent prices and moderately large servings. Many booths or tables. Not my favourite coffee blend. This is a licensed facility with a small bar discreetly off in a corner. I find the breakfast dishes to be of good quality. This is not a "greasy spoon" restaurant. Would be good to take kids to. A wide variety on the menu. This is a very popular spot during the usual meal times so get there a bit early.