“Genuine Hungarian”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church Street
Reviewed 2 December 2016

My husband and I had supper and shared the combo platter for two. It had two kinds of sausage, smoked pork chops, schnitzel, steamed veggies, red cabbage and sauerkraut. We ate until we were full and took home the leftovers. It was quite tasty although my husband wasn't a fan of the dill sauce on the veggies. We will go back again and try the peppercorn schnitzel which comes highly recommended by friends. Make reservations - this place fills fast!

There are newer reviews for Sauter's Inn Restaurant

Reviewed 30 November 2016

We were a party of 4 celebrating a relative's birthday, went on a Monday eve and had a cozy corner to ourselves. Started out with appetizers of small fresh garden salads which were bigger than anticipated and escargot. A basket of rye bread was brought to the table after that. Our main entrees consisted of lightly breaded wiener schnitzel, sausages, veal stuffed with ham and cheese and chicken parmagiana. You could have a choice of spratzel or home fries, and the vegetables which were broccoli, carrots and cauliflower with cheese dill sauce. All portions were a good size. We really enjoyed our meals and were too full for desert.
Yes, apparently this is run by new owners but in my opinion they are gracious and strove to ensure that we were well looked after. I myself am always polite when dining out and therefore it is usually reciprocated 9/10. The best part of this dining experience is that if it is your birthday and you bring proper picture ID, your main entrée is free. They have continued to honor this tradition which nowadays is not the norm. Any drinks etc of course is extra but where else is this offered? They surprised us by bringing the birthday girl a slice of cheesecake drizzled with Chocolate. How nice! Definitely will return and enjoy another hot delicious meal at this restaurant!

Reviewed 18 November 2016

German/Hungarian restaurant. Small, quaint restaurant. I had the Jager Schnitzel with a side of Spaetzle and green vegs. The Schnitzel was excellent, however, the mushroom sauce was very bland. The vegetables came with a sauce and was excellent. Now for the "but". The Spaetzle came "naked" - straight out of the boiling water and onto the plate. No seasoning, no sauce, nothing.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

The food was excellent as always. The staff was friendly and professional. The ambiance is conducive to a relaxed dinner and conversation.

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Popped because I was getting something at a nearby shop. Was in a hurry but there was only one waiter for a busy lunch. Took longer than I had hoped. I had the daily special schnitzel. It was very well prepares and delicious. The accompanying fries were mediocre and vegetables were good. I will go back for the peppercorn sauce. Bursting with spice and creamy flavour. The wine list is very limited.