“Get the Sauce!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church Street
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Popped because I was getting something at a nearby shop. Was in a hurry but there was only one waiter for a busy lunch. Took longer than I had hoped. I had the daily special schnitzel. It was very well prepares and delicious. The accompanying fries were mediocre and vegetables were good. I will go back for the peppercorn sauce. Bursting with spice and creamy flavour. The wine list is very limited.

There are newer reviews for Sauter's Inn Restaurant

Reviewed 12 September 2016

Well, we've been a few times to Sauter"s Inn Restaurant and disappointed each time. First the wait times to be served are too long. It is not the same place it use to be when the former owners had this restaurant. You use to be welcomed and asked about your day, they played great music and were always asking how did you enjoy your meal. That's why the former owners had a successful Sauter's Inn Restaurant because they knew how to treat people to return and they served delicious food.

My bridge club ladies went for a Christmas Social three years ago and waited over 45 minutes for a drink order to be taken. The place was packed and there were only two waitresses, as I recall. We sat near the bar, so there was no excuse for them not to see us. We considered ordering from the bar where the cook is while we were waiting patiently for some liquid refreshment. When we were finally noticed and served, the waitress got one of our drinks wrong. There were only four of us, so come on. Food was okay, not served hot and we waited a while for our dinner to be served. Most of the patrons who were there when we arrived were gone, so there was no reason for our dinner to take so long to be served to us.. Not overly impressed.

My family went in the Spring of 2016 and we found it very expensive with dinners starting at $18. It's not a fancy décor. We weren't overly welcomed, we just walked in and sat down. Décor is kind of dark. Prices turned us off, food quality turned us off. Took a long time to get our food and when it arrived it wasn't very not.

We were not impressed. We have eaten at many places where they serve schnitzel and found Sauter's to be greasy and filling. I prefer light schnitzel. Very disappointing and won't be back again. When one pays $18 to start for a dinner, one expects to get what you pay for.

Only one waitress that night for the whole restaurant. Not a great way to do business. If you want to be a good and successful business, you must have excellent hospitality skills and people skills. This way "Word of Mouth' will help promote your business depending on how you treat your customers!

Hal, Pickering Village.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

We have enjoyed the food at Sauter's Inn for many years, and were saddened when we heard that it might close this summer. I guess the patrons rallied, and the restaurant is staying open!! The food is real home style German, with the best being the Schnitzels and Kasseler smoked pork chops. The delicious Schlachtplatte for two needs 3-4 people to finish it all! Much as I love it, I really think the place needs some cleaning, painting, and small decor changes like new curtains and artwork. I am sure these simple fixes would really freshen up the dining room and be more welcoming to new customers. Guten Apetit!

Reviewed 26 April 2016

I, like many others, have been going here for many years. I agree with the other reviewers' comments about the food going downhill or being inconsistent. The last time I was there it was a Sunday evening. We were a party of 4 and certainly did not need reservations as in the past, and there was only one server so they obviously did not have many reservations or expect many that night. There were only a few tables occupied when the server placed our order, and I know it was the only order being prepared at that time. I could see one of the kitchen staff just standing there talking and heard others talking and laughing. When our meals arrived 2 were barely warm and were returned to the kitchen where they were microwaved and brought back. Really? My dining days at Sauters Inn are over.

Reviewed 24 April 2016

Been going here for several years but ownership changed recently and the food went downhill. Schnitzel are paper thin and not worth the money. Too bad. Used to love it here but will not return.

1  Thank Susanne M