“Casual Restaurant, Great View, Great Food ”

Island View Family Restaurant
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

This seaside casual restaurant has been here for years and offers a nice range of seafood and burgers made all the more enjoyable by the lovely view. Good food. Nothing fancy. Friendly and efficient service. Reasonable prices. Great place to stop for lunch. Also a bake shop attached if you want to buy a fresh pie or other treats.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

My wife and I ate there twice this summer and were not disappointed. The service was good, the meals well presented and the food was delicious.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

By the outside you might not think this restaurant will be all that special. But after you eat there you'll be very happy with your choice. I had a battered fish & chips and my husband the half-'n-half fried clams in scallops (breaded). The price was very fair and the meal was very tasty. I'd recommend this to others. Oh, and it also has a beautiful view of the waterfront and islands.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Went today for a late lunch.My husband said he had not been in years and the fish and chips were great.
The service was not great.We waited a while for the waitress to take our order and it was not busy.She did not smile and was not pleasant as I feel a waitress should be.
The fries were not homemade.This was one of the reasons we went there.
I ordered a fishcake and it was awful.
I has poutine and the gravy was lukewarm with shredded half melted cheese on top.
The baked goods are great and from what I experienced today...is the only thing to come here for!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Ate here on our tour around Nova Scotia. Stopped to eat for the view, but really enjoyed the food, which was freshly cooked and tasty. The restaurant was busy with locals who were tucking in to large portions of fish and chips, always a good sign. This is certainly a place worth calling in for a filling and satisfying lunch.