“You'll be pleasantly surprised.”

Island View Family Restaurant
Reviewed 28 August 2017

By the outside you might not think this restaurant will be all that special. But after you eat there you'll be very happy with your choice. I had a battered fish & chips and my husband the half-'n-half fried clams in scallops (breaded). The price was very fair and the meal was very tasty. I'd recommend this to others. Oh, and it also has a beautiful view of the waterfront and islands.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Went today for a late lunch.My husband said he had not been in years and the fish and chips were great.
The service was not great.We waited a while for the waitress to take our order and it was not busy.She did not smile and was not pleasant as I feel a waitress should be.
The fries were not homemade.This was one of the reasons we went there.
I ordered a fishcake and it was awful.
I has poutine and the gravy was lukewarm with shredded half melted cheese on top.
The baked goods are great and from what I experienced today...is the only thing to come here for!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Ate here on our tour around Nova Scotia. Stopped to eat for the view, but really enjoyed the food, which was freshly cooked and tasty. The restaurant was busy with locals who were tucking in to large portions of fish and chips, always a good sign. This is certainly a place worth calling in for a filling and satisfying lunch.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I have always wanted to start with dessert, well it happened here, and it was great! We stopped and ordered "fish and chips", battered clams AND a "banana split". The banana split took 3 minutes while the "fish" dishes took about 10. But all were delicious! Battered fish - haddock was firm and tasty, clams great and not oily. Ate them on park benches along side the restaurant, watching the most amazing "almost" full moon come up over Mahone Bay. A real treat.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We absolutely love fresh fish and chips and stopping here on our way back to the city was a great decision. Both of us ordered the 2Piece fish and chips (we should have just had the 1 piece) the fish was cooked perfectly and was delicious you could tell it was fresh. Large portion sizes. I would stop here again and again and would highly recommend it. Looking around the dining room we saw many people had the seafood.