“Renting bikes to travel the Old Train Track Bike Trail”

Remember Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Pedal buggy, Bicycle, Kayak, snowshoe & coaster rentals to Trans-Canada Trail & environs. Caper Cafe. 3 bedroom suite B&B. IRP Pollinator Meadow Demonstration project
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children
Reviewed 24 September 2017

For two years in a row, while visiting Tatamagouche, from Ontario, my husband and I rented bikes from Mary Macaulay, and followed the old train track, (now a biking/walking trail), riding to Wallace and back. Mary is a lovely person, offering great service, and great snacks, including homemade treats! Her bikes are comfortable and dependable.
Next year we hope to rent from Mary again and perhaps travel the opposite direction east.

5  Thank Janetoakes2003
in 3 reviews
"trail"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

This was a great experience and lots of fun! Everyone was very nice and helpful. We appreciated the waters and snacks that were included with the price of the buggy. It was nice to choose your own snacks from a great selection of options, including healthy choices. My kids, aged 6 and 10, had lots of fun. We did have to get two buggies because the four of us wouldn't fit in one. My six year old couldn't reach the pedals which made it tougher as the only one pedalling that buggy, but that didn't take away from it being a great experience. Would definitely recommend this activity.

6  Thank stefanie b
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

After spending a week in Nova Scotia, the last four days at a house in Malagash, we (party of 8 adults and 2 toddlers) stopped for breakfast and we are glad we did. Homemade bread, excellent coffee, bacon and eggs with a baked tomato and fantastic egg sandwiches were enjoyed by all. The service was great, actually remarkable given the fact that the "server" was a friend who stopped in to get a cup of coffee and was pressed into service by the very friendly owner, Mary Macaulay. Mary cooks up a great breakfast. There were plenty of toys for our toddlers to keep occupied. This is a great place!

7  Thank WMT67
Reviewed 12 June 2017

We were staying at the Train Station Inn and we were hoping to find something to do in the evening before dinner. I found this place on Trip Advisor and went out seeking a buggy rental. We rented a buggy for about an hour and drove it down the TC trail. It was a very enjoyable and memorable experience. Mary was extremely thorough in explaining how to use the buggy and made sure everyone was briefed on safety. Its only $30 to rent a buggy for 2 hours (or possibly longer, depending on the waitlist) and this includes 2 snacks and 2 waters. Mary even provided bug spray for us which was definitely needed on the day we were there.

The negative only thing I will say is that if you have three average adults, it may be a tough pedal to maintain speed. I am a marathon runner and I was working hard with my fiance to pedal myself, him and my mom. With two people, it was much easier.

In any case, we really had a great time on the trail and highly recommend it!

5  Thank Capltd29
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 May 2017

The view was very beautiful. Mary and her son were very accommodating, offering to drive our buggy down and back up the hill. She allowed us to keep our buggy past the 2 hour limit as it was not a busy time. The snacks and water were great. Driving the buggy was a little challenging at times. Even though the trail was fairly smooth, it did have some dips and the buggy was fairly heavy. It was fun to do as a one-time unique experience.

5  Thank Pam D