“Most Overrated Motel Ever!”
Review of Tara Inn

Tara Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in New Glasgow
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I always do a lot of research before book an hotel for my trips and always get a excellent result. It was the first time in my whole life that I trapped like that.I still confuse how this motel got these good reviews from travellers!
When we arrived at our room we found out that our room face to a grave!
Most of the electrical appliances at room were not working. After a while I realised they are not plugged in at all. So I tried to find some outlet but it wasn't enough outlet there and you have to choose between a/c and lamp or microwave. It would be even harder choice if you have to charge your cellphone/laptop,... after a long day.
The shower was really disgusting. It wasn't like you see at pictures. I attached one real picture of it to my comment.
During the night it was so noisy, no fan at bathroom and it was such a terrible odor at room so that we ended up sleeping at our car outside the room!
I didn't try any other hotel at town but if this motel is really the best in New Glasgow, I'm so sorry for this city!
To be fair, the only positive point was the breakfast. You can go and grab whatever you want from refrigerator and the selection is good for this price. So it feels like home.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
redmacke, Owner at Tara Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

My sincere apology our property did not meet your expectations.
I will personally look into your comments about electrical out and ceiling fan.
First complaint we received.

There are newer reviews for Tara Inn

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Handily placed just of the highway and so very convenient for a stopover. A clean comfortable room with a coffee maker and well maintained bathroom and a very good breakfast. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We asked about nearby restaurants and how near downtown was, the receptionist said there were places to eat about half a kilometer away and downtown was maybe two and a half kilometers but it was Saturday and would be pretty much closed. This proved to be the case although we did find a bar called The Office where we had a drink, or two, and because it was raining heavily they got us a cab back to the Tara.

The receptionist also apologized in advance if it got noisy later because they had a large wedding party staying but there was no noise and we had a good sleep

Reviewed 16 July 2017

This was a stop over on my way to the Cabot Trail...Friendly and helpful staff, I had a great room with a couch....plenty of room to spread out.
Great valuer....seems like a real family friendly place and great for stop overs, continental breakfast in a nice room where it's easy to chit-chat with fellow travelers.
Now, I noticed they had a BBQ and a sort of picnic area, I did not use that but that would be pretty cool if you wanted to go to the grocery store and have a little BBQ.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
redmacke, Owner at Tara Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your kind remarks are appreciated. We look forward to having you stay again if in the area.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

I stayed one night there and fell in love with it .. Its well managed and well organized and clean, people are friendly and helpful , especially the hotel manager Zac M. who are attention to details and very helpful let alone very polite and courteous . The breakfast is good and the location is excellent , I definitely will stay there again .

Prof .AK

redmacke, Owner at Tara Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Good morning. Thank-you for taking time to comment on our property.
Travel safe.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

This is a well-maintained property with clean and comfortable rooms and an extremely helpful staff. Just a short ride into downtown where we had an enjoyable dinner at a lively place recommended by our host. Even though our room was close to the road, we had a quiet, restful night.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Glasgow
13.1 km away
Evening Sail B&B
Evening Sail B&B
#1 of 12 in Pictou

Been to Tara Inn? Share your experiences!