“Great stopover”
Review of Tara Inn

Tara Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in New Glasgow
Reviewed 16 July 2017

This was a stop over on my way to the Cabot Trail...Friendly and helpful staff, I had a great room with a couch....plenty of room to spread out.
Great valuer....seems like a real family friendly place and great for stop overs, continental breakfast in a nice room where it's easy to chit-chat with fellow travelers.
Now, I noticed they had a BBQ and a sort of picnic area, I did not use that but that would be pretty cool if you wanted to go to the grocery store and have a little BBQ.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
redmacke, Owner at Tara Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your kind remarks are appreciated. We look forward to having you stay again if in the area.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

I stayed one night there and fell in love with it .. Its well managed and well organized and clean, people are friendly and helpful , especially the hotel manager Zac M. who are attention to details and very helpful let alone very polite and courteous . The breakfast is good and the location is excellent , I definitely will stay there again .

Prof .AK

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
redmacke, Owner at Tara Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Good morning. Thank-you for taking time to comment on our property.
Travel safe.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

This is a well-maintained property with clean and comfortable rooms and an extremely helpful staff. Just a short ride into downtown where we had an enjoyable dinner at a lively place recommended by our host. Even though our room was close to the road, we had a quiet, restful night.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2017

I stayed 3 nights while on vacation, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. My room was on the end, farthest from the road, and it was lovely and quiet, with trees and grass all around. Enjoyed watching the deer and pheasant - beautiful. Staff were wonderful - friendly, and always available whenever I wanted to ask a question about interesting places to visit and trails to explore. Room was spotless, spacious, and very comfortable. Everything worked perfectly. Liked the convenience of the continental breakfast. Great location for a person without a car - a 5 min walk from the Maritime Bus stop, a short walk to stores, and then a bit further to downtown. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
redmacke, Owner at Tara Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Thank you for taking time to comment.
Your comments are appreciated as we strive to provide a quality product.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

I spent 2 nights here (each night in a different room), while my father was in the hospital and was pleasantly surprised. Both nights I was upgraded to a deluxe queen room. I was very impressed by how clean the rooms were. I had a great nights sleep on very comfortable beds and the rooms were very quiet. There was some kind of a scent, particularly in the first room, but opening the windows seemed to eliminate it. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I wasn't a fan of the breakfast, mostly because I eat low carb and there were few options. The proximity of the motel to the hospital, downtown and the highway is great. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
redmacke, Owner at Tara Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Thank you for staying with us and also for taking time to comment. The responses we receive are very important.
We look forward to your future stays.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Glasgow
12.8 km away
The Scotsman Inn
The Scotsman Inn
#3 of 12 in Pictou

Been to Tara Inn? Share your experiences!