“Outstanding Accommodations on the Cabot Trail”

and 1 more site!
Cabot Trail Sea and Golf Chalets
Reviewed 1 September 2017

My wife and I stayed with friends at the Cabot Trail Sea and Golf Chalets. It was a two room chalet which was very comfortable and clean. We are on our way around the Cabot Trail and stopped in Cheticamp for the night. We had made reservations, but had no idea how nice this place was. I would recommend Cabot Trail Sea and Golf Chalets when you travel around the Cabot Trail or when you visit Cheticamp.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Hands Down, this was the favourite accommodation we stayed at on our entire 10 day trip. From the moment I called to inquire about availability & pricing over a month earlier, to the moment we checked out, I have almost nothing but nice things to say about this place.
We are 2 couples on a roadtrip, and we rented a 2 bedroom chalet, which was equipped with one queen sized bed, and 2 twin beds. This was perfectly fine for us, but also would be great for a family with young children. There was also a roll out cot bed as well.
The chalet cottages are set back from the road, with a great view overlooking the ocean, which makes for spectacular views of sunsets, and sunrises. The space is quiet, and you feel like you are secluded. The rooms are spectacularly clean, tidy, and perfect. As we were on a Cross-province roadtrip, We only stayed one night, but these chalets are perfect for extended stays as well. The cottages are equipped with dishes, pots and pans, kitchen appliances, coffee makers, etc. everything you will need to make an extended stay seem like home. They even have a barbecue on the front deck as well.
The cleanliness is on point.
The only concerns I had with staying here were that there was no air conditioning, but that didn’t seem to affect our comfort. The shower was a bit loud, and when someone showered, the people sleeping would hear it and wake up.
This accommodation is very pet friendly. There are many places to walk your dog, play fetch, and have fun with your pet.
Upon Check out, the people in the office asked me how my stay was. I let them know it was great, and that I had stayed their several years ago, and I also loved it back then as well. Upon looking at my last name on the registration form, the lady recognized it – it is a very unique last name, and she asked if I was related to a nun. I acknowledged that she was my aunt. The lady then told me how much they love her, she is such a beautiful, lovely woman, who has stayed their many times. As my aunt passed away a few years back, it was definitely nice to hear these kind words from this woman.
There is no breakfast offered here, but with kitchen equipment in the chalet, you could always make your own.
The price of this accommodations is definitely reasonable, and affordable. Considering the cleanliness, the amenities, the service and much more – this is the best bang for your buck in Cheticamp.

Room Tip: Best Bet. Great views, Great Price, Great Service
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RogueTrippers
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

One of the best things about this place is its situation at the western entry of the Cape Breton Highlands National Park. This is a good basis for exploring the park. The cabins are good for families. There's a TV, a kitchen with all basic necessities, a table with four chairs, a rocking chair and a sofa. The bathroom is basic and clean and the two bedrooms have comfortable beds.
This place offers good value! The people at the reception are very friendly. Coffee making machine plus coffee is available in the cabin. An agreeable plus.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

A couple girlfriends and I planned a weekend in cape Breton and stayed at the chalets and we absolutely loved it. It felt like a home away from home. It was so peaceful and quiet. The beds were comfortable and warm and the chalet was nice and clean. The picnic table and BBQ were a very nice bonus! I tried booking it again for my vacation this year but was disappointed to see it is fully booked. I will definitely be planning ahead of time to make sure I get one next year!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2016

We recently did the Cabot Trail and stayed at one of these little cottages. They are conveniently located, clean and quite spacious. You can easily do groceries as they have a fully equipped kitchen (pots, pans and dishes), as well as a bbq. They are directly next door to the Portage Golf Course. You will receive a free pass for a power cart at the golf course.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple