All reviews breakfast was delicious cabot trail cape breton nova scotia other guests manager lynn communal table lovely room regular room king suite private balcony bed and breakfast off the beaten path spent three nights stayed longer next morning great stop
Reviewed 25 October 2016

We had a wonderful 2-night stay in Maison Fiset! Lyne, the manager, is an outstanding host and provided us very helpful recommendations and reservations for restaurants and a whale watching cruise. The breakfast was delicious, and our room was clean, comfortable, and tastefully decorated. The B&B is convenient to numerous activities in Chéticamp including the Cape Breton Highlands and the Cabot Trail. We highly recommend Maison Fiset!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2016

My wife and I stay for 5 nights at the Maison Fiset House in October and we absolutely loved this place. The staff Madeline, Nicole and the manager Lyne went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and at home. It is a wonderful place to stay and I highly recommend it. The Maison Fiset House would be the only place my wife and I would stay while visiting this part of Cape Breton Island. Oh yes, the breakfast is delicious. Thank you Lyne, Madeline and Nicole for such a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2016

Madison Fiset is a bed and breakfast house.It is on the main road .Each room seems to have a balcony .We were in room one.It was a very large room on the main floor.The decor in the room was very elegant with heavy attractive drapes.It had a small refrigerator and coffee maker.The balcony overlooked the water.After a breakfast of our choosing we sat on the balcony with the sun on our backs and a view of the water to enjoy.Breakfast orders are taken upon arrival and ready to be served when you arrive at the table.The manager was very hospitable.It is apparent that this facility has many guests who return often.In addition to the bed and breakfast there are three houses which can be rented.One with three bedrooms very well appointed and two one bedroom.I highly recommend this facility

Room Tip: I I am familiar with room one and room two is next to it in a small hallway
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Evelyn D
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

Very clean comfortable accommodations. Room could be a little larger. Close to main road so there is road noise early in the morning as truck traffic builds.
Well cooked and tasty full hot breakfast.
Staff very helpful and pleasant. Recommended.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2016

We stayed two nights, September 22 & 23, 2016.
This was our seventh trip to Cape Breton Island, beginning in 2005. It was also the seventh time we have stayed overnight in Cheticamp, including stays at three other lodging places. Based on past research & experience Maison Fiset is the best overnight lodging in the area.
There are eight rooms of various sizes, five regular, two suites with Jacuzzi, & one wheelchair accessible. All have either a balcony or patio. We have stayed in two different rooms (one previously in 2013) I suspect the décor & finish is equally as beautiful in the others as in the two we've seen. The place is conveniently located on "main street", officially the Cabot Trail, approximately five miles from the visitor center for Cape Breton Highlands National Park.
What with the great rooms, comfortable beds, included breakfast, & the friendly staff I am unable to find anything negative to write about Maison Fiset. Lyne does a great job running the place as well as providing visitor information for those who need it.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple