“2nds and 3rds but.....the star of the dinner was a fail”

Baddeck Lobster Supper
Ranked #6 of 33 Restaurants in Baddeck
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Went here with my hubby on a weeknt and it was uber busy. Friendly service and nice looking restaurant. Food was, dunno, ok I guess, nothing bad, but far from great. Bread basket was very good, with good variety. My hubby had 3 plates of mussels, first 2 were dried out and shriveled the size of a bean, 3rd plate were finally served out of the pot, plump but needed seasoning. Soup was pretty wet, this is not a chowder as we not it. It's very wet, but full of fish/seafood. I had to season it. Sadly, the lobster was overboiled or sat out. It was dry. So dissappointed. Desert was good, but nothing OMG. Maybe it was a bad nite, dunno. Would I go back, no. Too bad.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

We were in Baddeck for one night and attended the lobster supper. We were seated on the veranda with a great view. The restaurant was very busy and the servers were working fast but maybe not enough of them. The lobster was very good but the salmon my companion had was overcooked and dry.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

This was so good we dined there twice during our 4-night stay in Baddeck. The food was great and staff were very friendly and professional. Worth every penny. I cannot recommend this highly enough.

1  Thank Mary S
Reviewed 22 October 2017

This restaurant knows that they're the big name in lobster in Baddeck and treat the experience with all of the excitement you might expect. The lobster is very small and luke warm when it arrived at the table. The fixings were good, and my wife enjoyed her steak dinner. All-in-all an OK experience.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

We turned up at 5:15 without a reservation and had to wait about 40 minutes for a table. So we recommend you book!
They have an all you can eat option which I'm sure would be tempting for those with a larger appetite but we declined and instead just selected from the menu.
Starters: we both had the chowder soup. It was lovely and warm with some nice bits of fish.
Main: we both had the fire planked salmon. This was delicious.
Dessert: we shared the strawberry and rhubarb crumble. Again, very nice.
Drinks: we had a carafe of white wine
Service: staff polite and efficient. Also, kept us informed while we waited in line
Cost: C$105 + gratuity
Good food and good service so would recommend

1  Thank Wilton2