“Hidden Treasure”
Review of The Tea Garden

The Tea Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tea Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Holyrood
Price range: USD 12 - USD 31
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2011

My sister and I were visiting a our good friend Helen, on our mini vacation to St. John's. While there we took a drive out to Holyrood and decided to have lunch at The Tea Garden.
The entrance was marked by huge whalebone arches with water fountain and lovely flower boxes. The house itself is what makes the dining experience such a wonderful delight. There is much history to this area and the ambiance and views along with delicious food made our experience something to remember for a long time to come.
We each tried a different dish so we could sample from one another. However, since arriving to Nfld, my sister and I had not sampled the seafood chowder as yet. Although it did not appear on the lunch menu, when we asked if there was any availability, our server verified and although normally a choice on the dinner menu - we were delighted to receive a yummy bowl. We had the Pad Fried Cod along with the "Best" Fish Cakes tried to date and the Cod au Gratin. They tasted as good as they appear in the pictures attached.
A selection of beverages are available including beer, wine etc.
Beautiful place to hold a wedding reception.
Wonderful meal with terrific company and atmosphere and we were well looked after.

2  Thank Cobblett

Reviewed 29 August 2010

Million dollar view from this restaurant - I had a nice seafood dish while watching the fishing boats come into the harbour. The food and service were average.

2  Thank rewqasdcx
Reviewed 19 March 2010

Overall an extremely cozy and cute place to eat. It took us a little bit to find it but as we pulled into the driveway my wife and I knew this was just the place to stop for lunch. The food was wonderful and the gardens were a pleasure to look at. Worth the stop.

Reviewed 29 April 2009

The atmosphere is through the roof. You really have to go to appreciate. The food is more homestyle than gourmet but the whole experience is an absolute treat. It's seasonal and I cannot wait to go again.

1  Thank HungryTownie
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2008

Lovely place in Holyrood. Local cuisine and seafood. Absolutely delicious. And it's so cozy and the staff are fabulous. And I just can't explain how good the food is!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook