Abbott's Cape Shore Bed and Breakfast
Lancaster Inn(Bonavista)(Great Value!)
USD 129
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 155/night.

HI Bonavista Hostel(Bonavista)(Great Value!)
USD 52
Puffins Landing(Bonavista)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswonderful view of the oceanhome away from homestayed longerwonderful hostswasher and dryerb bsyogurtbreakfast was deliciousnewfoundland hospitalityprestonicebergsdeckhouseshoesaccommodationschattingopportunity
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were travelling with friends and had booked into Rowena's and Preston's B & B. We had never
stayed at a B & B before, so we were a little leery of what to expect. Well, we were treated so warmly and made to feel
at home as soon as we arrived, that we knew this was going to be a wonderful experience! Preston suggested a lovely restaurant for dinner and when we came back we chatted with him in his livingroom before going to bed. The rooms were immaculate, tastefully decorated, and the beds were comfortable. We had a few choices for breakfast and then he and Rowena shared amazing videos of polar bears that had come into the area last year and of puffins. We lingered over breakfast exchanging stories and Preston gave us a few ideas of what to see in Bonivista. We left for the lighthouse as he had suggested and when we were there, all of a sudden, Preston appeared with one of our water bottles that we had forgotten. Preston had driven from his home to try and catch us before we left the area!! Thank you so much Preston!! You are a sweetie!! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and your warm friendly Newfoundland hospitality!! We would highly recommend your B&B to anyone wishing a relaxing and comfortable stay in Bonivista!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank blesstotravel
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Wonderful, clean, quiet rooms. Hosts were very accommodating.Breakfast was perfect. The town of Bonavista is beautiful and a must see. We stayed in Newfoundland for a week moving from B&B to B&B and voted this one of the best we stayed at. Thank you.

Stayed: September 2017
2  Thank Michele A
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I cannot say enough about Abbott's B & B. Rowena and Preston bent over backwards to make our stay the BEST of the BEST. The rooms are very clean and very well set up with everything you could possibly want or need.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lynne W
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We were privileged to stay here for 2 days and felt like royalty. The location is not far from the ocean. There is a beautiful deck overlooking the grounds with a wonderful view of the ocean. It is the perfect spot to see icebergs, when in season. The owners, Rowena and Preston are so friendly and welcoming. They spent time just hanging out and chatting before breakfast. We all started to feel like family :0) It was a nice touch. The breakfast was delicious and we were indeed well fed. Our room was well furnished and very comfortable. The linens and towels were excellent. Both Preston & Rowena are extremely knowledgeable of their beautiful town and happily suggested places to eat and sites to visit so that you can have the full Bonavista experience. We really hope to be able to return another time. Our visit was wonderful. Many thanks to both of you.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Enjoy_The_Moment_15
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Well, usually I would have rated this place very good, if not the landlords had spoiled my holiday afterwards by incorrect billing and a very nasty behavior on top of that. Although in Canada you usually pay HST on top of everything, when you book via booking.com the price there is the end price - worldwide. We stayed in more places across NFL where they billed correctly. In this case we first were told that we have to pay cash as the credit card terminal did not work. I paid the booking price plus 15%. Then I asked for a receipt, which took more than a week as it came in a post letter. Booking.com told me that the billing was wrong and refunded me the 15% HST. As the accommodation was informed by booking.com they also refunded me the HST. The landlord started accusing me of cheating and threatened with further actions. I told them, if there were 2 refunds, I will of course give back one, I would never enrich myself. Meanwhile booking.com told me that the landlord also demanded the HST back from them, not only from me. I talked to my credit card institute, who confirmed meanwhile the two times payment. So I told the landlord to make a charge back, she wrote me, she tried already but it was not possible. The reason therefore, my credit card institute found out, was, she didn't put in the right date of expire. I told her again the right one, then it worked and she got the money back. Sad but true: I just wanted my billing right, than was accused and threatened and still the landlord thinks, she has done nothing wrong. No excuse for demanding too much and for all the troubles and allegation. Just the note about the charge back: Now it worked. Nice? That's not the way to treat guests.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank moonflower66
Rowena A, Owner at Abbott's Cape Shore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Good day Pia, I'm sorry that what you felt was originally a good stay turned into a negative one for you based on the issue with the tax. Just to clarify , when Booking.com
advertises for us we were not aware that they are suppose to include the tax in the price
as was never an issue. When they contacted us and said we overcharged you , we were astounded . We went to check our records and noted we didn't overcharge and that it was the tax that was the amount in question. While I apologize for our machine being down at the time which was out of our control, when someone pays cash we still have to charge the tax as it gets submitted no different then using a credit card . Plus we have no issue with giving out a receipt to support same . We advised Booking.com that we didn't overcharge and that it was the tax that was added. They reimburse you for this . Two days later we get an e-mail from them advising we had 2-days to reimburse you for the tax amount . While this amount still requires to be paid to CRA we decided to reimburse you and take the loss . When we notified Booking.com of this they advised they already reimbursed you. When I contacted you to notify you of this, you said to refund it back to us on your credit card . I used the same one you gave me originally to provide the refund. I'm not sure what happened when I went to take back the amount owing it declined.. However after speaking with you that issue was resolved . Just to clarify we weren't seeking reimbursement from you both you and Booking.com. We just wanted to be reimbursed the correct amount whether it was to come from you or Booking.com. I spoke to Booking.com to rectify this issue concerning the tax so that it doesn't happen again . This became very frustrating for us as well. We pride ourselves in ensuring our guests have a wonderful stay and certainly would not want this to happen again . We wish you the best